Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Announcing, "The ’08 O.P. Bash"

27K views 201 replies 67 participants last post by  EMPyre 
#1 ·
Open to any registered member of Washington fly fishing dot com. March 24 thru March 31. I will be there Monday thru Friday. All past survivors will be swinging thru all that week through the weekend. To all future participants, we are going with a “Show me your grill” theme.
----------------
Zen Piscator ; Mark Bové ; John Hicks ; Salmo_g ; Ringlee ; salt dog ; hendersonbaylocal ; bhudda ; Backyard ; Chris Scoones ; Davy ; Porter ; XstreamAngler ; Jerry Daschofsky ; Steelie Mike ; agent montana ; jabseattle ; Evan Burck ; Matt Baerwalde ; Allison ; fishntiethebest ; Tightline ; nomlasder ; rick matney ; Mike Danahy ; Clint F ; William B. ; Jim Wallace ; SteveA ; Roy Evaristo ; Old Man ; Aaron O'Leary ; EMPyre ; hedburner ; spiritualized50 ; greenbucket ; sinktip ; Tyler Speir ; Runejl ; hikepat ; bum'n4trout ; flybill ; hookedonthefly ; k2flyfisher ; ML1 ; seanengman ; molly d ; Riane ; Roy Evaristo

If you're coming, please let Matt or Chris know, or just make it clear you're coming on this thread.

#32 ·
Bove, You ready for the new and improved cat/griz showdown. Blake and me vs. you and andy. We will be judged on # of fish, #of beer, and and overall physical appearence.....because if you don't look good fishing, why are you even out there. Oh yeah I have the new G-5000 prototype simms/gucci hybrid waders and tie combo. :rofl:

Clack VS. Hyde

PS you will lose points for fishing glue eggs or beads and there is a minimum fly size of 3". so it has to be longer than that. Will be out there early more than likely. :Dptyd

#36 ·
Bove, You ready for the new and improved cat/griz showdown. Blake and me vs. you and andy. We will be judged on # of fish, #of beer, and and overall physical appearence.....because if you don't look good fishing, why are you even out there. Oh yeah I have the new G-5000 prototype simms/gucci hybrid waders and tie combo. :rofl:

Clack VS. Hyde

PS you will lose points for fishing glue eggs or beads and there is a minimum fly size of 3". so it has to be longer than that. Will be out there early more than likely. :Dptyd
Good I just tied up some cdc tube flies. They will meet the 3" minimum with the stinger hooks I put on them. They work rather well dead drifted.

As for style, gucci has me beat.

#38 ·
Well as of right now, I'm a probable go for the weekend. Have a few strings to try to sew up, but should be a go. I probably will just bank it. Was gonna tow the driftboat or bring the steelheader. But may just spend the weekend cooking and relaxing (yes, I'll bring all my grills with). So will be showing up with my truck/camper that Friday after work. Unless by some miracle I can get that Friday off (doubt it but we'll see).

#39 ·
Wow, this is a big party.
Ima'proly have to go fish it the week prior. . .

There is also camping on the Lower Hoh Road, on the west side of the highway. Take that road west and head in a few miles, the campground is marked. In fact, the OP is heaven when it comes to campsites: they're everywhere.

#40 ·
The camping on the lower Hoh is Cottonwoods. I personally never liked that campground. But I always had a love for the Oxbow and the ones up the upper Hoh road.

#71 ·
iagreeiagreeiagree

Some low-life SOB stole the tarp and tarp rope I had set up at the #5 site at Cottonwood last weekend, while I was away from camp fishing. :mad::mad:

I usually camp at Oxbow, the Upper Hoh, or Bear Creek, but there was so much snow on the ground (more than I've ever seen before), it was hard to find a bare spot, or an open campground. The DNR has Bear Creek listed as 'open' on their website, but it was closed when I drove past last Sunday.

Have fun, everyone. I gotta be in Indianapolis that week. bawling:

Actually, even if I could get over there, I would be very afraid, hanging out with all you hooligans.....:D

#42 ·
That does it! I'm gonna show up, if only for a day, not only with my 8 wt, but also my 6 wt and my 4 wt, and if I'm not trailering my mini-drifter, then I'll be car-topping my squanoe. For when the rivers get dangerously booked with driftboats full of wildass partying wff members, I will attempt to escape the madness and go fish small flies for trout in one of the year round lakes up there!:cool:

#43 ·
There will be no skipping and holding hands. Drink all you want, with 30 people already going it will be good to have at least half puking up their spleen at day break. I will have fished several runs. Monday thru Friday, 16 hours of fishing on five hours of sleep a night. I fish hard and lose 8 to 12 flies a day. I need four or five dozen flies. This aint gonna be a cub scout meeting. I’m a bank monkey at heart, but I will bring my toon or float with anyone that offers. All I’d have to offer are flies, a big fat sandwich and experience. In the spirit of the fishing buddy program, I will spend time tying flies on the leaders of new guys. Once again demonstrating that we at Washington fly fishing are not elitist holes that don’t give a crap about the new guys. However, I would prefer to fish hard with other knowledgeable brothers, so my time for showing the new guys the ropes will be limited. I’m fishing my ass off. I’m not bringing a grill. Just sandwiches and coffee and water.

#48 ·
scout? dangerous? nah! we make a big toast to river gods, drink down the prayer and hold on tight ! We don't need no scoutin', where's the fun in that?

Please Matt????? Tye my fly on will yuh?????
No advance scouting of rapids allowed. Got to give SAR something to do, and maybe thin out the pressure on select fly water at the same time. There ought to be a special prize for the angler who catches and does not release a WFF carcass that comes floating down the river.

#45 ·
What do you guys say to a REAL pissing contest for once?

j/k

#50 ·
Hell yeah: it is called Buehler Steelhead Stack.....it is 10 overhand knots.

#57 ·
We might have to have a secondary competition. The inlanders/montanans VS. coasterners/ wet siders. :beer2: No rules if this goes down, beads, glue eggs, scent it all goes! :rofl: I'm going to dead drift roe on a center pin :rofl:

cheers guys, This should be fun ptyd

#60 ·
I might just have to show up and show the young guys how to drink. I've been mulling this around in my brain for a few days now.

How much does a three day out of state license cost. But with me driving over 800 miles just to get there why should I worry about a cheap thing like that.

But being that I'll be 73 at the time it might just slip my mind and forget about it. I'm almost senile now.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.