Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

DRAGON-FLY / FLY SWAP

Swap 
7K views 65 replies 8 participants last post by  dryflylarry 
#1 ·
WE COULD USE ONE (2) MORE DEDICATED TIERS!!! WHERE ARE YOU?

I think it’s time for you innovative fly tying guys to come forward and join in on this swap. This will be my second swap as Swapmeister. Due date would be May 15. This gives you time to do a little Spring fly fishing! I’m sure there have been dragonflies done before, but that’s ok. I think there is room for plenty of innovation here. I will leave it open for up to 12 tiers. I would like to see a few guys tie up a “dry fly pattern” if you’re crazy enough, although, I suspect most will be nymphs. I have heard of giant trout taking dries... :thumb:

SIGN UPS: ROOM FOR 2-4 OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOOKING FOR MORE TIERS
LOOKING FOR MORE TIERS---LOOKING FOR MORE TIERS----LOOKING FOR MORE TIERS---SIGN UP!!!!!!!

dryflylarry---Red Dragon-dry pattern
fly punk-----nymph pattern
chattmr-----dry pattern
twinlakesleach--nymph/dry?
Daryle Holmstrom--Liquid Lace Nymph
P-FITZ98-----Adult Dry (foam)
Ron McNeal------Skip's Furry Dragon
Curtis-------Elk Hair Dragon
Dustin Bise------DROPPED OUT....

See less See more
#10 ·
I would like to do a foam dry dragon. I am not by any means an experienced tier, but can get the job done. If you don't mind that they aren't that pretty, I am in.

P-fitz, what color are you doing? I would like to do blue, as I have blue foam.

#11 ·
I would like to do a blue foam dry damsel. I am not by any means an experienced tier, but can get the job done. If you don't mind that they aren't that pretty, I am in.
Curtis, can you do a dragonfly instead? I think we want to stick to the same species unless others don't care. I'll sign you up if I can twist your arm to do some sort of dragon....? Thanks. :)

larry

This post has been deleted
#14 ·
Curtis, mine are black and olive,like the real deal,with medalion sheeting wings.But I can do any other color,Ive got all kinds of colored foam.I use em for bass,but Ive never tried it for trout.There a cool tie.Does anyone want a different color?or stick with blk/olive?

#19 ·
WOW. You guys are fast. We are still looking for at least 2 more tiers out there. If things move faster, and we all agree, we can move up the deadline date.

LOOKING FOR 2-4 MORE TIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

#33 ·
You need me to tie another pattern up so we can get this finished? I noticed your desk was kinda empty in your picture on the "Fly Tying Table" thread. Hope you find your gear so you can clutter up that desk!!
:)

#34 ·
Ha. Ha. Good one twinlakes!

And to EVERYONE, I have received twinlakesleach and flypunks flies in the mail yesterday, and, let me tell you they are terrific ties! The dragonfly nymph is a killer pattern. Good job you guys. Nice. I like'um! Looks like we have only 8 tiers, so I can send your extras back so you can keep your fly box full. :thumb:

#38 ·
Hey Larry. Keep my extras too. Believe me, my fly fishing/tying addiction is just as bad or worse than twinlake's. We have a bit of a unspoken competition of "He who dies with the most fly gear wins" thing goin on. Enjoy. Glad you like the patterns. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.