Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

2 days in a row, 22"+ browns at pass...PICS

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Eric Tarcha 
#1 ·
First one on friday night was on the very first cast, second was last night about 5 minutes after i got to the lake. Other than that fishing has been slow.
Sorry the pics are crap

See less See more
#4 ·
I know in the pics it doesnt look it cuz its underwater, but i taped the second one. I could hardly net it in my 18" net. I have pretty fat hands too, theres 8" of fish or more stickin out of the water in the second pic. Next one i catch i will take a pic with the tape on it, deal?

#5 ·
Great feesh! - did they take streamers?

Next one i catch i will take a pic with the tape on it, deal?
Don't bother. It doesn't take much effort to see that if your thumbnail is 1" long, then it is nearly 20 inches from your grip to the lip. Enjoy your fish, and keep the memory for yourself.

No sense in harassing a fish just because people that weren't there want to call you a liar.

#10 ·
Actually streamers arent working out here right now. Theres multiple hatches going on nightly, and the fish dont even bother.
I got 5 very nice Rainbows - 17-21", and one smallish Brown (13") Saturday afternoon on a black Wooly Bugger. Fished along the east shore on full sinking line. I fished for about three hours but got 4 of the rainbows in quick order between 2:45 and 3:15 in the afternoon. Three, including the Brown, were hooked while trolling slowly, the other three casting along the bank and retrieving qickly before the sinking line got more than a foot or so down.

The half hour after sunset during the spring remains my favorite time on this lake. You can't beat casting to rising fish. Floating line, #14 or so chronimid or other sparse dressed nymph - fish aren't choosy at these times. Spot a fish within casting distance, see if he rises a second time, cast to where you think he'll be next. If it's a good evening it's not unusual to hook 6 - 8 fish in 45 minutes or so. Most evenings it's not that good, but catching a couple of nice fish in a half hour isn't bad. It doesn't last long, it doesn't happen every evening, but when it's good it's really good. If I hit it right a couple of times a spring I'm happy.

G
#14 ·
I've gotten both out of Pass and also thought the browns fought quite a bit better...That said, sure wish either of um fought like the fish up in the interior of b.c.

Last time on Pass I ran into another wff guy from Mi. I had landed a 17" bow and thought it was a dinker..he saw me land a 15" brown that fought quite a bit better..Sure wish one of those damn logs that follow you fly but won't bite would one day...Sure would like to see how those puppies fight...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.