Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Salmon fly season on Rock Creek

9K views 104 replies 52 participants last post by  Benjy 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just thought I'd give you all a heads up and tell you that the salmon flies should be out in full force starting this weekend and going on through the following week or so, barring any bad weather. Our water is finally coming down, too, so it should be a pretty decent season.

If you decide to float it, be sure to check with us or the other shops about log jams. There's a particularly nasty one up there this year that I'd just as soon have people avoid completely. Other than that, as long as you're experienced on the sticks, things should be fine. The foot fishing (dare I say) should be doable as well, though I'd hold off on wading too far in.

Hope to see some of you out here, and if you need any advice on what to bring, areas to fish, etc., PM me or hit me up on this thread.

Cheers,
Johnny (GM)

#10 ·
Johnny.
I for one thank you for your reports now and in the past.
If anyone on this site is Bitching about RC my guess is they can't make it down to fish and just want to vent.
Come on people this is a great offer Johnny is making here if you don't want the reports just skip the read.

Thanks for the help Johnny, See you in July.

Bill.

:thumb:

#13 ·
Rock Creek...."the best kept secret in Montana." If you're serious, you need to get out more. Everyone in the west knows about rock creek. When I lived in Missoula Rock creek was the stream that kept people off ther real secret water. Good post ,Johnny, and thanks.
Clearly your sarcasm detector is FUBAR. But thanks.

#21 ·
I got news for all you losers. Montana has great fly fishing. You can go there and fish. Anytime. You may see other fishermen, but nobody will be in your "secret spot" because there aren't any. The place is a fly fishing mecca. So, get over your "secrets" and fk off. For chrissakes, a guy want's to post some good news, an ACTUAL REPORT OF FISHING, and you bust his balls? Isn't this the Internet, in AMERICA? Can't we just post whatever we want without the fk'n criticism of all you assholes that think you have a "secret spot"?

I've gotten into fights on public water with assholes that think they "own" a spot. I've never lost, even though I try to walk away. Fuck you assholes that think nobody can post a fucking river condition or a hatch report. Tell me your "secret spot", pick a time, and I'll come and kick your ass for the right to fish it! It's ALL PUBLIC WATER.

#22 ·
I got news for all you losers. Montana has great fly fishing. You can go there and fish. Anytime. You may see other fishermen, but nobody will be in your "secret spot" because there aren't any. The place is a fly fishing mecca. So, get over your "secrets" and fuc off. For chrissakes, a guy want's to post some good news, an ACTUAL REPORT OF FISHING, and you bust his balls? Isn't this the Internet, in AMERICA? Can't we just post whatever we want without the fucking criticism of all you assholes that think you have a "secret spot"?

I've gotten into fights on public water with assholes that think they "own" a spot. I've never lost, even though I try to walk away. Fuck you assholes that think nobody can post a fucking river condition or a hatch report. Tell me your "secret spot", pick a time, and I'll come and kick your ass for the right to fish it motherfuckers! It's ALL PUBLIC WATER.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You win the "tough guy" award on WFF!!! Wholly crap!

#27 ·
Dave, I'll be on the Clark fork this weekend. Get ready to get your ass kicked for the first time by the toughest flyfisherman in the west. I'll meet you under the flag pole at St. Regis highschool. Just fists; don't bring weapons or any of your pussy Westside friends. There's nothing I love more than flyfishing and fighting..... they just go hand and hand. Holy Shit!! you have issues. :D Classic shit.

#28 ·
Dave, I'll be on the Clark fork this weekend. Get ready to get your ass kicked for the first time by the toughest flyfisherman in the west. I'll meet you under the flag pole at St. regis highschool. Just fists; don't bring weapons or any of your pussy Westside friends. there's nothing I love more than flyfishing and fighting..... they just go hand and hand. Holy Shit!! you have issues. :D Classic shit.
Hey Panhandle, can Roger and I come watch?!!!! Kool..... :D

#29 ·
Basically, this thread was started by a guy who owns a shop on Rock Creek advertising the Salmon Fly hatch to try and get some extra business. He's is pretty much whoring out the river to get some extra business.

Dave Monti- Let me know when and where you want to lose your first fight on a river I will drop you motherfucker

#36 ·
Basically, this thread was started by a guy who owns a shop on Rock Creek advertising the Salmon Fly hatch to try and get some extra business. He's is pretty much whoring out the river to get some extra business.

Dave Monti- Let me know when and where you want to lose your first fight on a river I will drop you motherfucker
God, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. The tagline under your ID was a stroke of genius!

I nominate Dave for post of the year so far. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

#35 ·
Dude, Tim Morrison Will beat your ass!!! we will be on rock creek next thursday-saturday. He will be the tattooed guy that has peircings and is about 5'9. He told me he wanted to brawl.

Dont worry about me. Im the un-confrontational one!

#37 ·
-Dave Monti does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Dave Monti goes killing.

-The Big Bang was actually Dave Monti roundhouse kicking God in the face.

-Dave Monti has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

-There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Dave Monti allows to live.

-Dave Monti once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

-Dave Monti is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

-When Dave Monti does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Ha Ha Ha, Dave Monti is awesome! Lets go fishing!

#50 ·
Oh yeah. I had to laugh at this one. Classic.

-Dave Monti does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Dave Monti goes killing.

-The Big Bang was actually Dave Monti roundhouse kicking God in the face.

-Dave Monti has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

-There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Dave Monti allows to live.

-Dave Monti once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

-Dave Monti is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

-When Dave Monti does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Ha Ha Ha, Dave Monti is awesome! Lets go fishing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.