Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Split Brass Beads....

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  garthman 
#1 ·
Howdy folks... Perhaps someone here can help me....

I am interested in tying up a selection of Jim Prey's OPTIC Steelhead/ Salmon patterns.. I have Hooks that will be close enough.. But I am running into dead ends constantly looking for SPLIT BRASS BEADS for the Optic Heads...

I can't seem to Find them listed anywhere.. and searching Hardware supply websites gets me zilch in the way of them....

Does anyone Here Know where I can purchase a sizable supply of the Split Brass Beads?????

Any & all assistance is greatly appreciated....

Merry Christmas to everyone as well.....

DEAN ~~~

#2 ·
Howdy folks... Perhaps someone here can help me....

I am interested in tying up a selection of Jim Prey's OPTIC Steelhead/ Salmon patterns.. I have Hooks that will be close enough.. But I am running into dead ends constantly looking for SPLIT BRASS BEADS for the Optic Heads...

I can't seem to Find them listed anywhere.. and searching Hardware supply websites gets me zilch in the way of them....

Does anyone Here Know where I can purchase a sizable supply of the Split Brass Beads?????

Any & all assistance is greatly appreciated....

Merry Christmas to everyone as well.....

DEAN ~~~
Hi, been looking myself with no luck. If I find some, I'll let you know. By the way, what hook have you selected?
Regards,
Greg

#3 ·
Try craft stores. If the ones you check out don't have split brass beads, just buy larger sizes of brass (gold) bead chain and split them yourself. It really isn't very hard to split the brass beads on the larger sizes of bead chain, especially since they are already split (granted, they have the split closed around the little brass wires that go between the beads to make it a chain) and open rather easily with a small flat screwdriver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.