36. Nick Cameron
37. theonethatgotaway
38. Landon
39. James Mello
40. DonChilds
41. flybill (show up you wimp)

See less See more
#163 ·
Matt, I like all three names. More importanly though, what did you name your new drift boat that you are brining to the party?

My only name crituque, the Hoh is glacial fed, from the Olympics...not the Cascades...but I like Hoh-Squatch.

#164 ·
Sadly no boat bawling: I was overly optimistic about the tax man givething, (is that a word?) Making repairs to the ol' toon

Cascadian refers to the name of the beer style, just like pale, belgian etc...

#165 ·
I know, messing with you on the beer. Sorry to hear about the delay on the drift boat. All good things in time. Let me know if you need to borrow an airflo skagit compact 660. Make sure Jergens tells you the full story about what happened to that end cap...I'm dying to know.

#168 ·
Will there be a kitchen area tarped off or does someone need to bring a pop up canopy to provide shelter for the kitchen? I'm hoping to find a local area wood purveyor that will sell me a half cord or full cord and drop it off. Whomever is there first should let me know which site is going to be the group area. In the two years I've been there we used one of the end sites (2009) and one of the middle sites (2010). Anyone who has an angle on pallets should make sure that their truck or trailer is loaded. The national weather service says this will be a wetter and colder than normal winter...nothing fights off wet and cold better than a bunch of home brew, booze and a bonfire that can be seen from deep space.

#173 ·
Of course I'll chip in for wood.

Ed and Jeff. On the tent situation. I need one with walls of course. if Jeff has a 12 x 12 with walls that'd be great. Next year I should have my wall tent. :) almost bought one at the Portland sportsman show but have projects at home that need to be done 1st.

#175 ·
I can get you all the palates you want, but you would have to pick them up from my house in the Oly area. I was going to fill my boat with firewood to bring out. You weren't planning on burning the palates, were you? I was just bringing natural wood to burn. I am not making a fire or anything when I am out there, just contributing wood to the community pile.

Also how much homebrew should I bring, I don't have any clever names for it though, will 5 gallons be enough or should I bring 10? I will be bringing an Oatmeal Stout and a Winter Warmer, unless I drink the Winter Warmer before then, in that case I will bring an Irish Red.

#177 ·
Also how much homebrew should I bring, I don't have any clever names for it though, will 5 gallons be enough or should I bring 10? I will be bringing an Oatmeal Stout and a Winter Warmer, unless I drink the Winter Warmer before then, in that case I will bring an Irish Red.
You bring as much or as little as you want. There will already be 6 or 7 5gal kegs of homebrew there. But I guarantee that there could never be too much.

#176 ·
Burning the pallets...well...I was planning on showing their flaming light spectrum to observers from space.

I have asked Forks local resident, guide, guru and cool guy Jim Kerr about possible wood suppliers. When I get that info I'll try to connect with Mr. Burck and Mr. Backyard to see what they've found.

Who is gonna be out there first staking the group site out?

#179 ·
I am heading out Wed afternoon, but not 100% sure I will make it out there that night. I may stop and fish somewhere on the way an end up sleeping in the car on riverbank, but if the fishing or weather sucks on Weds, I will be out there.

Forget the pallets, I am bringing natural wood, it is more aromatic when it burns. My family has a bunch of land and I can just take whatever I feel like cutting up for free, my only constraint is my laziness and how much I can haul in my boat. My SUV is going to be full of gear and beer.

#180 ·
Ed or Evan or whomever makes the firewood arrangements,

First off, I think we shouldn't let Jerry contribute to the cost of firewood. He contributes plenty enough with his camp cookery. I'll chip in for wood plus a bit extra so Jerry doesn't feel left out. I presume a cord of firewood doesn't cost any more in Forks than it does in south sound. I'll also chip in to Evan and Matt for the privilege of sampling their home brew.

Sg

#181 ·
Sg, totally in agreement with you on Jerry D not paying for anything more. Agree with the beer brewing boys not being part of the bonfire fuel supply also. My minimal contribution of lackluster around the fire entertainment won't carry me for long in life. As such I'm planning on bringing the HEAT, fire wood that is!

#182 ·
I'll be heading out on Friday the 11th. Will start setting up the big site we had last year. Sounds like there will be a few showing up on Tuesday. I'm doing a BIG pot of chowder on Wednesday. Going to try to bake some cornbread in the dutch over as well.

I'll be taking the driftboat. BUT I don't have anyway to tow/launch it once there. Anyone who wants to go for a drift just needs to supply the tow.

#184 ·
I'll be heading out on Friday the 11th. Will start setting up the big site we had last year. Sounds like there will be a few showing up on Tuesday. I'm doing a BIG pot of chowder on Wednesday. Going to try to bake some cornbread in the dutch over as well.

I'll be taking the driftboat. BUT I don't have anyway to tow/launch it once there. Anyone who wants to go for a drift jut needs to supply the tow.
I'll volunteer to tow the dragon boat, (insert matt truck joke here)

#186 ·
Matt, I'll have my POS import available with a tow strap! Just in case we have a repeat of your domestic needing assistance.

Spoon...just get your ass back up here to fish.

#187 ·
Spoon, what Mumbles said! :)

Onto the wood. Thanks for the sentiments guys and appreciate it. But I'll have cash ready nonetheless. :) I don't mind chipping in.

#188 ·
Spoon, what Mumbles said! :)

Onto the wood. Thanks for the sentiments guys and appreciate it. But I'll have cash ready nonetheless. :) I don't mind chipping in.

#189 ·
Oh yeah. Those new to threadand plan to eat need to go over to food thread and sign up. All the details to pay are on the first page. Thanks. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.