Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flys & Pies

5K views 67 replies 12 participants last post by  jeff bandy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd host a get together Feb,19. At my house. Do some tying, do some pizza/beer and talk shit. I live in Edmonds, have plenty of room and parking for say 12.

As a added twist. We will mix this with a swap. You bring 9 of the same pattern, bagged in threes. 3x3. When we swap, you get 3 of each pattern back. Nothing as annoying as finding something that works and only having one of them. Bring mats. to tie up more of the same. That way, if anyone wants to see how it's done, you can show them.

The goal will be tying for the Hohdown of course.

1. Chef
2. Lonnie
3. Stilly Stalker
4. Philster
5. scottflycst
6. Paul Norton
7. Gary Knowels
8. bushwacker

#3 ·
Jeff, Saturday the 19th of February? What time? I think I'm up for that. Any Kitsap carpoolers wanting to go and split the ferry crossing let me know. I know where the Bandy man is located, his GPS lo-jack has been active and sending a strong signal.

#6 ·
Boat people, that is what you are gonna call us? Boat people? Oh man, you are so in for it the next time your ferry crosses to the west and you are looking for a ride...boat people!

#20 ·
Jeff and others set to attend. I am very new to fly fishing and have yet to even cast fly to water. However, I would love the opportunity to attend and talk fishing with you guys. I don't tie, nor will I be fishing for steel any time in the near future. As such I wouldn't request anyone giving me flies. If you all consent I will bring beer, a great listening ear, and a mass of appreciation. Oh and I'm pretty good in the kitchen and could bring some sweet pies to eat after the pizza pies. Of course, I understand if I am not right for the situation.

#25 ·
Phil,
You're getting way too excited about this. You need to calm down. Try getting out in public several times before this event and practicing deep breathing and other relaxation techniques. We understand your passion but you should excercise better control, you don't want to scare off the newbies. This is our first Bandy Bash and we want it to be a good one. There'll be no poking with sharp tools and eating pie with your whip finisher! :)

#28 ·
I will be targeting trout in many different settings. I figure to wet my feet in smaller rivers and lakes. When summer rolls around i want to hike to alpine lakes and fish them. I'll try anything twice! (if not more)

Thanks for the openness guys! Any beer requests? And how do apple empanadas sound for dessert, pretty much just a handheld apple pie?

#30 ·
Someday I probably will get into tying, not sure when that day will come. I am slowly building my set of gear and waders and boots and hopefully a float tube will come before tying. But who knows, maybe I will be smitten by it and set out to pick it up sooner rather than later.

#31 ·
I'll bring some stuff to tie a super simple, two material fly for you. Oh. And it works:thumb: No need to worry. And your trout rod will work for summer steelhead! There really is no need to make any of this fishing stuff complicated, but if you want to you can make it as complicated as you want. That's what makes it fun...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.