Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tenkara

NFR 
2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Tenkara, tenkara, tenkara...tenkara, tenkara...tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara, tenkara.

Sorry, but it's Friday night, it's pouring rain, blowing like hell and I just needed to have several drinks.

#2 ·
Damnit!!! Got me! Now I have an excuse to get sloshed(as if Friday isn't enough)

#11 ·
A cane pole and a piece of string with a hook on the end. And you had to stick a worm on the hook. Worked all the time. No need for a fancy fishing rod.
Damnit! Fool that I am to spend all that money on expensive fly fishing gear!

Having said that, I want a tenkara rod too.

#15 ·
I'm catching up on the Tenkara madness. Yes, I said Tenkara madness. Old Man, Tenkara was the source of our cane poles, cane poles did not spawn Tenkara. That ought to get me all caught up with the Tenkara thread for now. Time to reload the fridge.

#16 ·
I had to check the timeframe here, Mumbles; you're off the hook! And I don't need to use the "T" word since I've been working on the Courvoisier since about 1500 or so. But Gentlemen; I will honor your madness by indulging in a cigar!

"A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke" Sir Winston Churchill

#18 ·
We need to make shirts that only other WFF members would understand and get a good chuckle out of. To get hammed/smashed/gooned/whatever could become the word "Tenkara". Then we just print shirts that say "I got tenkara'd " and and other WFF people would be able to recognize eachother!

G
#21 ·
I'm catching up on the Tenkara madness. Yes, I said Tenkara madness. Old Man, Tenkara was the source of our cane poles, cane poles did not spawn Tenkara. That ought to get me all caught up with the Tenkara thread for now. Time to reload the fridge.
Tenkara is old news, even as we speak a underground movement is developing a two handed tenkara system on the skagit river. It will redefine the tenkara world and become known as skagit tenkara

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.