Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Methow and Wenatchee opener

8K views 65 replies 30 participants last post by  constructeur 
#1 ·
Looks like you all get to fish for Steelhead in the Methow and Wenatchee this fall and next spring. Rumor has it that it'll be a split season with most of the winter closed. No opening date announced so far.

#46 ·
I'm headed over. I've never participated in this circus before but have been planning on joining in since last fall. When I saw it was opening, I didn't even think about it, I just booked a room for Saturday night. I know nothing about it, so I'm bringing a variety of articulated flies, nymphs, and skaters. I'm pretty excited about it, not even sure why. Probably just excited to get out and fish in the fall. I understand the modern deer season opens Saturday too, I'm trying to convince myself that that will cut down on the number of people fishing. :D

#65 ·
Just got back from an overnight trip to Leavenworth. Did not bring any gear with me. Wife taking pictures in route there, obligatory stop in what seemed like every shop in town, a couple of fine tasting beers at the Icicle Creek Brewery, a really good German dinner with more beer and a singing accordion player.

We drove into Cashmere on the way back today and I never noticed how good that water on the Wenatchee looked before...sure seems to be nice swinging water. I did see a couple of boats, but not too much activity. Anyone fish the section between the Aplets Way exits?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.