Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Lake 2

Swap 
13K views 154 replies 16 participants last post by  Irafly 
#1 ·
It is time for another Winter Lake Swap. The last swap produced some incredible flies. I myself have some new patterns that have produced exceptionally well.

10 or 12 tiers depending on the interest. Tie two of the same pattern or two patterns. Due by Dec 20th. I might be able to get them out by Christmas then.

1. Irafly I'll be getting jiggy with it! DONE
2. McNasty DONE
3. Jim Wallace Stocker Clocker DONE
4. Zen Leecher DONE
5. Troutpocket DONE
6. Gary Knowles 6 Pack Soft Hackle DONE
7. Patrick Gould DONE
8. Travis Bille DONE
9. Bakerite Floating Dragon Nymph DONE
10. Ron McNeal Chironomid DONE
11. Maryfish DONE
12. Jeff Dodd DONE

#44 ·
Finished up the last of my 22 yellow six packs size 14 this morning. I only have 7 hooks of that size left, but I have some in the mail from Allen. I'll start on 22 natural six packs later today. Everyone is getting a Christmas bonus of 2 extra flies from me!

#48 ·
Just logged in to confirm that we only are required to tie one pattern for this swap. Its nice that some members are offering to tie up two patterns, but I doubt that I will do a second. If I did, it would be like a really skinny "skinny minnie.":D

gotta get back to the fumbling.

#57 ·
Oh, OK. Got it. I re-read Ira's original post. Now I think I will tie two patterns, instead of two of the NSC. I had misunderstood that part of the deal. Don't worry, it won't be just a skinny skinny minnie (which is just some black thread for a body and one or two wraps of soft hackle), but will be something a little fatter.

I think some are tying 2 patterns of 11 flies each to pass out instead of 22 flies of 1 pattern. Same number of flies, just more variety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.