Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lenice Quick Report

888 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  toadthedry 
#1 ·
Fished Lenice on Sat with my girlfriend. This was our first trip there this year. The weather was beautiful but the fishing was a little slow. She hates that lake and said she would never fish it again if she didn't catch any fish, luckly she did. Got on the lake around 10:15. She was set up with type 3 and intermediate lines and I had a chrono set up and an intermediate line. I fished the shallows witn the intermediate and a olive leech and she fished the deerper water witha an olive willie and some others she tried. 5 hrs produced 4 fish for her with a few lost and many missed bites. I cought 5 with only one big one, about 19. He was caught on a sinking line with a leech. The other 4 were 10-16 inchers caught in the shallows.
I tried chronos for a while but no takers. I think I would have had better fishing if I fished the deeper water from the get-go. I'm more a master of the sinking line thing than chrono's.
All in all a great day on the water :)

#2 ·
Fished Lenice on Sat with my girlfriend. This was our first trip there this year. The weather was beautiful but the fishing was a little slow. She hates that lake and said she would never fish it again if she didn't catch any fish, luckly she did. Got on the lake around 10:15. She was set up with type 3 and intermediate lines and I had a chrono set up and an intermediate line. I fished the shallows witn the intermediate and a olive leech and she fished the deerper water witha an olive willie and some others she tried. 5 hrs produced 4 fish for her with a few lost and many missed bites. I cought 5 with only one big one, about 19. He was caught on a sinking line with a leech. The other 4 were 10-16 inchers caught in the shallows.
I tried chronos for a while but no takers. I think I would have had better fishing if I fished the deeper water from the get-go. I'm more a master of the sinking line thing than chrono's.
All in all a great day on the water :)
Thanks for the report. Heading over with 3 buddies after work on Wednesday. Did you happen to get water temps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.