Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

AAA Anybody have/use it?

NFR 
2K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
So we are going to be going to Idaho in a couple weeks, and want to take the pita... I feel the car is going to be sturdy and run forever now, but.... I was thinking of signing up for AAA for a month, just so we have it for the trip incase something goes wrong near the intersection of bum f#ck nowhere and the middle of nowhere Washington....
Do you guys think this would be worth it to have 'just in case'?
My wife and 6 month old son is going with, so I really wouldnt want all of us to be stranded in say Starbuck, Wa.
Nothing against the town if you live there... Its just proly not known for its subaru repair shops or any repair shops actually...

What do ya think????

#27 ·
I have it and it has come in handy a few times. One thing to note though. I got stuck above the Klickitat last year scouting turkey. (my 4WD didn't work) luckily I had a cell signal and called AAA. When the truck arrived, he informed me that my AAA would not cover the winch out due to the fact I was on a "Primitive Road" and it was clearly marked that. I called AAA and they verified this fact. Your AAA coverage ends at the Primitive Road sign. Cost me 374.00 to get winched 40'.
Still I have it and have used it for tows and the many discounts they offer at hotels, restuarants, etc.

#28 ·
I have it and it has come in handy a few times. One thing to note though. I got stuck above the Klickitat last year scouting turkey. (my 4WD didn't work) luckily I had a cell signal and called AAA. When the truck arrived, he informed me that my AAA would not cover the winch out due to the fact I was on a "Primitive Road" and it was clearly marked that. I called AAA and they verified this fact. Your AAA coverage ends at the Primitive Road sign. Cost me 374.00 to get winched 40'.
Still I have it and have used it for tows and the many discounts they offer at hotels, restuarants, etc.
I had a similar incident a decade ago on the Hancock Snoqualmie Tree Farm when I got stuck in snow on permit-only access private property 25 miles inside the gate. Cost me over $450 for a special 4wd tow truck that AAA wouldn't cover.

K

#29 ·
If you have a Subaru there's free on road service plus 200 miles tow for free

#31 ·
Joe, my subaru isnt new, it is a 99.
What did the little old lady not like about your 'ru? Mine couldnt wait to get one! She wanted an STi or WRX, but I talked her out of payments and the speeding tickets she would of got with one of those and we just got an Outback Wagon that I will mod a bit to get a bit better ride out of and maybe get a bit more horsepower out of.

#32 ·
Joe, my subaru isnt new, it is a 99.
What did the little old lady not like about your 'ru? Mine couldnt wait to get one! She wanted an STi or WRX, but I talked her out of payments and the speeding tickets she would of got with one of those and we just got an Outback Wagon that I will mod a bit to get a bit better ride out of and maybe get a bit more horsepower out of.
I wrote that wrong. My wife got rid of AAA. I got rid of the 'RU myself. It was getting old. It was a '92.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.