Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

New popgun

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  freestoneangler 
#1 ·
I debated bragging about this one and then said to myself, "why not?"

The newest resident in the Orvis Gold safe is a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 in 28 bore. She sports 28 inch variable choke barrels. Petite framed with a pistol grip and selectable single trigger. I haven't weighed it yet, but I suspect a sub 6 pound weight. Coin finished receiver, decent furniture, and a suitable pad.

I just happened to score a butt load of AA compression formed hulls and I'm stuffing some with 13 grains of 20/28 powder which should push the 3/4 ounce of lead at about 1200fps. Grouse should start saying their prayers soon, as the season is only 3 weeks away. Between this little girl and her big sister, the 20 bore RBL, no bird is safe this year.

With no further adieu...

See less See more
#8 ·
What a nice addition. Almost too pretty to take out. I have an older 20ga citori that usually gets the nod for grouse work. It is short and light. Glad you and Chick could get together on the hulls. I will profit from the Fiocchi hulls that were in the mix when Chick is back on his feet. My 28 is an 870 so I like some hulls I don't mind losing.

#14 ·
Every time Patty questions my purchase of another whatever-boat, fly rod, gun-I just mention Roper's gun safe, and I look frugal by comparison! Rick
Every time Glenda questions a new purchase she says "when did you want to retire...?" I'm buying all my toys now so when I do retire I won't need to spend more than gas money...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.