Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A rookies log.

65K views 930 replies 65 participants last post by  Mumbles 
#1 ·
So I think I have finally figured out that the reason I have not caught a Steelhead yet in the past 3 years I have been trying is due to my lack of commitment.
I am now going to log and document everything I learn here on this thread and maybe perhaps someone who needs help one day can look here. So here we go.

I live in Monroe. Therefore, my home water is the Sky. Today I decided to spend the day driving up and down between Monroe and Reiter to look for good access points and good runs to fish. When I finally got to the river here in Monroe I found that the river was REALLY high. So looking around for details in the water was right out the window. I still managed to look hard for obvious pull outs and stuff where I can park my car. Perhaps studying GPS would help in finding hidden access points too? I brought my 11 year old daughter along with me also because if I can not be a successful angler I may as well give this new generation a chance. Her and I went all the way up to Reiter and found some steelhead in the ladders. Her and I got so excited and pumped.
I have also started reading some steelhead books. The current book I am reading is called " A steelheader's way", by Lani Waller. This book is really amazing and is very well written, and am looking forward to my next book purchase.
Well there you go fellas. I am sorry if this is a boring thread but I think this would be a fun experience and I would also like to make some friends here. Putting myself out there I guess you could say.

See less See more
#495 ·
Anybody know the record of the most pages for any thread? We might have a shot with the way this thing's shaping up. Once he does catch a fish, there's bound to be a flood of additional congratulatory pages added on... Then the come down will take it's toll and people will come from all over just to see the 4 lb. hen it produced...

G
#496 ·
Anybody know the record of the most pages for any thread? We might have a shot with the way this thing's shaping up. Once he does catch a fish, there's bound to be a flood of additional congratulatory pages added on... Then the come down will take it's toll and people will come from all over just to see the 4 lb. hen it produced...
that 4lb hen will be an upper teens by nates standards

#507 ·
Dan, I hope that this message I post, wakes you up. You get angry, mean, hateful, and caucasian. You find the motivation, you go to the water, and catch a steelhead. Because I AM SICK OF THIS MOTHERFUCKING SKUNK, IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING THREAD!!!!

#514 ·
Alright hitting again tomorrow. Well see what happens.
Danielocean did you go fishing today and catch a steelhead on your flyrod I would like to know if you did or did not so I can give you proper congratulations or japes/encouragementary statements thank you.

#519 ·
No steelies caught today. Was out there early this morning. I was out there for about 2 hours. The whole entire time I saw another guy spey casting using a snap T, and here I was trying my best to get 80 ft out there with my single hander. I literally shouting out " fuck this", I went home, got cleaned up, headed out, and came home with a new spey setup. This should help me out greatly.

Echo Classic spey 12' 9" 7 wt
Echo Ion Reel
Rio Skagit flight head 525 grns
Rio shooting line .030
10ft T-11 sink tip.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.