Not open for further replies.

Boehner gets a boner...

NFR 
12K views 154 replies 37 participants last post by  Mumbles 
#1 ·
OK
Just kidding Ed :cool:

#53 ·
OK I'm in. At age 73, the greatest physical pleasure I experience is a good bowel movement, I do not think gays should be protected from the unmitigated hell that marriage can become by writ of law, I do believe women should have complete control of their bodies, I sleep in the bed of my 03 Tacoma and owned a 98 Dodge with a transmission that didn't last 70,000 miles, carry a concealed handgun and leave a loaded one with the safety off on my pillow for my wife when I'm gone, and consider myself to be a libertarian democrat (yes there are such things). I believe the tea baggers are well meaning but rather dim people who have become pawn of the Koch brothers.

#57 ·
Well Gene, I could send you photocopies of my speeding tickets. And I at least got this thread back on the track of serious political discussion. Oh, and conservatives only catch big ass fish cuz they're rich 1%ers who fish with guides. So there, . . .
But wait..... Can we have a "serious" political discussion when our government is a three ringed circus full of clowns??

#59 ·
I actually almost jumped on a Subaru Crosstrek last week but opted for a Nissan Juke instead. The Crosstrek has the potential to be a great awd crossover in that just over $20k price point, but its competitors are offering the turbo injected 4 cylinders. I went with the Juke because the ride height makes it semi-trail friendly and it still gets decent MPG. Unless you drive like I do. I really liked the new Ford Escape too--but with full features it jumped out of my price range.

#73 ·
I actually almost jumped on a Subaru Crosstrek last week but opted for a Nissan Juke instead. The Crosstrek has the potential to be a great awd crossover in that just over $20k price point, but its competitors are offering the turbo injected 4 cylinders. I went with the Juke because the ride height makes it semi-trail friendly and it still gets decent MPG. Unless you drive like I do. I really liked the new Ford Escape too--but with full features it jumped out of my price range.
Talk of debts and AWD vehicles is like catnip to Ive of Ione... need to throw down some new keywords to lure him onto this thread:

mileage
gas prices
retirement
401 k

#61 ·
I'll admit the average Subaru driver is on the slow side. But then, when you drive above average speed, everyone is on the slow side. I have more issues with Prius drivers than Subaru drivers these days. I think all the slow mid 90s Outback owners are trading in for a Prius. All I know is that with over 300 hp in my Forester, it's a rare occurance to have someone on my tail! :cool:

#62 ·
I don't want to offend another group of specific vehicle owners so I won't go off on a Prius rant. Evidently, the challenge for a Prius owner must be to drive slow enough that the gas engine never comes on -- which must be somewhere around 22 miles per hour.

...and to think at one time a VW Bug was considered slow...

(I come from a long line of speeders... except for my Mom... she was issued just one speeding ticket in her life and when she was cited, you'd think she was going to die ... according to her, the OSP officer smelled like he'd been drinking so obviously she was given a ticket in error -- and considering the speeds she drove, I'm inclined to believe her)

#63 ·
I don't want to offend another group of specific vehicle owners so I won't go off on a Prius rant. Evidently, the challenge for a Prius owner must be to drive slow enough that the gas engine never comes on -- which must be somewhere around 22 miles per hour.

...and to think at one time a VW Bug was considered slow...
Start at 3:30

#85 ·
Speaking of boners........

I was an exchange student in Germany back in 1987. I remember there were a few of us from same high school (was a true exchange, sister cities) on a subway in Hamburg. Came to a station called Bonner Platz. A Bonner is someone from the town of Bonn. Well, it's pronounced boner. Our teacher said "We're one stop away, this is Bonner Platz". We all started cracking up. And being older, she had never heard the slang "boner". Here's a bunch of 16-18 year olds dying on this tram/train/subway (whatever you wanted to call it). Her husband whispered in her ear and she got it. And started blushing then laughing her ass off. Great memory actually. She showed her human side for once (outside of being a teacher).

#86 ·
Speaking of boners........

I was an exchange student in Germany back in 1987. I remember there were a few of us from same high school (was a true exchange, sister cities) on a subway in Hamburg. Came to a station called Bonner Platz. A Bonner is someone from the town of Bonn. Well, it's pronounced boner. Our teacher said "We're one stop away, this is Bonner Platz". We all started cracking up. And being older, she had never heard the slang "boner". Here's a bunch of 16-18 year olds dying on this tram/train/subway (whatever you wanted to call it). Her husband whispered in her ear and she got it. And started blushing then laughing her ass off. Great memory actually. She showed her human side for once (outside of being a teacher).
Did anyone get to see her human inside? You know how kinky those Germans can be. And a teacher to boot! Catholic school?

This is my favorite thread in a while BTW.

Go Red Sox,
cds

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.