Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

For those who quit peeing in the shower....

3K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  Krusty 
#1 ·
#2 ·
: My friend built a beautiful house. His wife was bragging about the house that he built with his money that she was married to.:rolleyes:
She was boasting in detail about the views, the fancy bathroom etc. I mentioned that no matter how nice the tile work, guys will piss in the shower. She ranted on about no way will he ever piss in that fancy expensive bathroom... when he came back out to the firepit( summer party) i asked him if he has pissed in the new shower yet... he said, hell ya! why not! She flipped her lid and they divorced about a year later.
true story.

#3 ·
Whoa! Heavy duty over reaction to peeing the shower!

When fishing lakes in boats, some guys go to the trouble of peeing in a bottle or can... you don't need to. It doesn't hurt anything to pee in a lake. The fish do it all the time... and worse :)

#9 ·
Whoa! Heavy duty over reaction to peeing the shower!

When fishing lakes in boats, some guys go to the trouble of peeing in a bottle or can... you don't need to. It doesn't hurt anything to pee in a lake. The fish do it all the time... and worse :)
The city of Everett takes a very dim view of it, at Spada Lake.

#19 ·
My uncle told me when I was about 4 that if I wanted to be a better swimmer I had to eat fish tales. I thought he knew everything, and I ate every fish tale I could get for years.

When I was 13 he told me about masturbating. He told me it was fun but not to do it too much, because you could only do it 25 times and then it wouldn't work any more. 3 hours later I finally figured out how full of shit my uncle was.

Needless to say, I never ate another fish tale.

I don't know if it has any benefits; but I'm pretty damn sure neither will hurt the shower.

#8 ·
MLB baseball pitchers pee on their fingers to toughen them up for throwing the breaking ball. Besides, it kills athletes foot and the nasty fungus that grows in the drain.

I just do it to avoid the obvious: "No matter how many times you shake and dance, the last two drops always go in your pants."

#16 ·
Do they ban fish from the lake? If they're worried about human urine perhaps they should be worried about fish "by products".:eek:
Well, they did allow fisher in, but it was no bait, all flies and lures.
After 9-11, when my fishing partner and I got thrown out, and almost shot by the Sultan Police, I have not been back. Last I heard is that the road was in trouble from weather, but that was posted some time ago. Beautiful lake to fish. Nice fish. What is not to like?
Please don't pee in the lake.

#17 ·
Urine also fights toenail fungus. Also- if you're planning on pee'ing in the lake you should think ahead and eat some asparagus before you hit the water. The strong concetration of asparagusic acid in the urine is not only odiferus but also a powerful attractant for fishes.

Reactions: dryflylarry
#23 ·
Urine also fights toenail fungus. Also- if you're planning on pee'ing in the lake you should think ahead and eat some asparagus before you hit the water. The strong concetration of asparagusic acid in the urine is not only odiferus but also a powerful attractant for fishes.
Dude! The first time I ever ate that stuff...no one warned me about your pee smell later. I thought my guts were rotting. :eek:

Reactions: Jack Devlin
#18 ·
Codioos... good tip! Olive... I also fish a city water supply reservoir with the same regulations as the one you fish so I can relate to the water quality concern... but honestly, human pee is not going to kill anyone drinking the water. It is sterile and not only works to heal fungus and athlete's foot but also to neutralize stings from some marine animals .

Everyone should carry a bottle of pee with them... just in case you don't need to go when you need to :D

#30 ·
This is nothing new. All hardcore cold water surfers know that you must pee in your suit whenever you go surfing, so that it will run down into your booties, preventing any fungal growth there. If you go surfing several times per week, the surf booties never get an opportunity to fully dry out, so they must be regularly doused, as a preventative measure.

Weekend warriors may not be aware of this problem, nor its solution.

#32 ·
This is nothing new. All hardcore cold water surfers know that you must pee in your suit whenever you go surfing, so that it will run down into your booties, preventing any fungal growth there. If you go surfing several times per week, the surf booties never get an opportunity to fully dry out, so they must be regularly doused, as a preventative measure.

Weekend warriors may not be aware of this problem, nor its solution.
Plus you get warmed up for about 20 seconds

#35 ·
I agree. I will bring along brand new, never-before-used "bailers" for anyone else that fishes with me on my john boat. I usually have a couple of spares along. I don't loan out my personal bailer.:D

And, if you use the bailer (usually a poly milk jug with the top opening cut larger), you get to keep it and take it with you after we return to the launch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.