Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Jungle Cock Source?

7K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  Philster 
#1 ·
I was going to post on the FB "Where do you get your jungle cock" but given the maturity of my average friends humor level (and mine) knew that it would take a very unproductive direction.

That being said, Where do you get your jungle cock? Looking for a full cape. Obviously have used the google machine, and not sure how I feel about buying it on ebay from a dude in Estonia.

Thanks,

Joe

#2 ·
I have purchased from "The Dude" in Estonia just once buying a lower grade less expensive cape. I figured that if I got cheated out of the money it wouldn't be for much. What I received was the actual cape pictured and it arrived very neatly packaged in remarkably just a few days. Although I don't use JC that often if I were to buy again I'd use the Estonia Ebay guy and spend a little more. Everything worked out surprisingly well for me.

#15 ·
"i have bought from the ebay dude from estonia, and would not hesitate to buy from him again. For fishing flies it's a great deal.

#19 ·
Generally,necks are graded based on how many split nails they have versus overall nails. The highest of grades should have very few to no split nails, but expect to pay a shit load. If your tying fishing flies, get a cheaper neck and wax or glue the splits together, because the water will split them anyway.

#20 ·
I have ordered only one neck. I did order form the guy on ebay. For the money and a hack fly tier it was great. I use it for flies to fish so they do not need to be perfect. I do wonder how the birds are treated, etc. since he has so many necks?? I would second Poppy at the Red Shed, he is more than fair on his tying material. Thanks for the links for the other sources mentioned about, they look great.

#21 ·
Generally,necks are graded based on how many split nails they have versus overall nails. The highest of grades should have very few to no split nails, but expect to pay a shit load. If your tying fishing flies, get a cheaper neck and wax or glue the splits together, because the water will split them anyway.
Splits, color, size, density all figure into the price.

TC

G
#22 ·
theres ton of j.c. in fly shops in canada, but just like polar bear you are not really suppose to cross back into the U.S. with it. I've bought from the guy on Ebay and think that he is more than fair in price for what you get.

#25 ·
So I ordered a cape from the Estonia guy on Ebay. It showed up in about a week and was definitely the one shown in the ad. I paid $45 plus stamps. I am very satisfied with this transaction and would do it again.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.