Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

TICKS are out

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Porter 
#1 ·
I camped for three days at Quincy for the windy wet weekend and during a moment of dryness picked up a tick. I found it while reading a book and the great tick hunt started that moment. Only one found but it was a big one. I hope I don't find more today once I start removing the weekend dirt.

#4 ·
I'll be at the same spot Tuesday Bill, I'll let you know how many I get. I'm a freakin tick magnet! I don't mind snakes, scorpions and things like that but spiders and ticks ohh man! I'll be the one screaming like a little girl:)

#8 ·
Ticks . . . a blight on humanity (and dogs). The worst I ever got into them was this time of year in sagebrush . . . Hutchison Lake & south of Sprague. The ticks south of Sprague were black; trying finding them on a black Lab . . . Maggie didn't warm back up to me for a week & I didn't blame her. Locally, Bateman Island & the Lower Yakima are also lousy with the buggers; on occasion, I've found one in the yard that I assume has dropped off a crow & as cool as it has been, they may be around for awhile. Light-colored clothing, bloused pants, and long sleeves for me folks. A "Tick Twister" becomes essential equipment http://www.petco.com/product/102855/Tick-Twister.aspx. Good thing I haven't showered yet, 'cuz now I feel itchy, lol.

#9 ·
Personally, I don't like putting stuff on my skin, that isn't meant to. When you sweat, that stuff Sawyer permethrin will leach from yor clothes into/onto your skin.

Actually, you don't even have to sweat, just wearing the clothes will get it into your body.

Just take 2 garlic gel (oil) pills, and you're good to go. Plus, the garlic comes out of every pore, covering all those "hard to get to" places that bugs always seem to find.

#11 ·
Personally, I don't like putting stuff on my skin, that isn't meant to. When you sweat, that stuff Sawyer permethrin will leach from yor clothes into/onto your skin.

Actually, you don't even have to sweat, just wearing the clothes will get it into your body.

Just take 2 garlic gel (oil) pills, and you're good to go. Plus, the garlic comes out of every pore, covering all those "hard to get to" places that bugs always seem to find.
Kaiserman,

Have you had success in preventing ticks with your recipe of 2 garlic pills? I like the sound of it, just wanted to find out if you have used them yourself with success? Thanks for the tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.