Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dryfly Steelhead Swap

Swap 
5K views 59 replies 7 participants last post by  reamse 
#1 ·
It's time to catch some steelhead on surface flies. Here's your chance to shine. Would love to see some nice skaters or whatever suits your fancy! I'm looking for 10 tiers with a deadline of September 7. No slackers, September 7. I will be tying a "Steelhead Bee". I need these by September 7th because I will be heading to Idaho, Oregon and maybe farther for several weeks chasing mostly trout. Well, maybe steelhead too! Any takers? :)

SWAP NOW CLOSED!!!!!

#1- dryflylarry--Steelhead Bee
#2- Big Tuna--Steelhead Caddis
#3- Cameron Derbyshire--Unknown Masterpiece at this Time..
#4- D3Smartie--Another Unknown Masterpiece
#5- Mumbles--After Dinner Mint or Riffle-Dancer
#6- reamse--Scarab Beetle & Stunted Madam X
#7- Jeremy Floyd--Assassin

#35 ·
Mine will be ready to ship early next week. DFL- could you post or pm your address? Thanks.

Jon

#36 ·
I shipped mine from the post office in Silverdale today. I was tempted to drop them off but I did not want you to think you had a stalker. They should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

#37 ·
Ha! Stalker is a possibility Mumbles. I live sort of at the end of a road and I get no visitors, so if someone comes in my driveway, generally, without calling I know it's a stranger or stalker! Anyway, I have lots to tie still! Thanks.

#39 ·
I'm done w/ my steelhead caddis and will have them in the mail tomorrow or Fri.

#40 ·
I'm still slowly tying away.... Got Mumbles flies and they look good. A real mouthful! Yum Yum.
Don't forget to send in $2 for shipping back to you guys. Mumbles forgot, so I guess I'll have to meet him for coffee to deliver the goods somewhere. :)

#41 ·
Damn Larry, now I have to meet you and buy you a coffee. I missed that in the instructions somewhere, but I was just talking with the misses last night about how the return postage works. I've got a lot to learn. You tell me once all the flies arrive and I'll come meet you on your turf...maybe you can show me that secret point, creek or beaver pond!!

#43 ·
If it doesn't cost over the two bucks I put in there could you send them to..

J Floyd c/o
Marble Mountain Ranch
92520 Hwy 96
Somes Bar, CA 95568

Then I will take pictures of Half Pounders that I get on your fly. Should be able to get one with every fly in a day or two.

#46 ·
Mine went in the mail yesterday. I tie my steelhead caddis sparse ala Dec Hogan...riffle hitch behind the head and let 'er swing.

#47 ·
I received "Big Tuna's" Steelhead Caddis in the mailbox today. They look like perfect skaters. I probably should keep them all! :D Good job Big Tuna, thank you for the flies.

I am still cranking away on my Steelhead Bees and should have them ready this week. These are slow for me to tie..... but I'm a slow tier anyway.

#48 ·
If those bees are all spun deer hair like the one tried to tie, spin, pack, spin, pack, spin, pack...holy crap that is a lot of work. It makes me think some patterns are better to buy!

#49 ·
No, they are "wulff" style and the wings are squirrel tail which is quite fine and a little bit of a pain to work with. But I'm slow.. ha. By the way, got you $$ in the mail. Thanks, I may have to send a couple bucks back because it's too much. Normally everyone sends in $2, but since you sent your giant box, it is a little more!! :D

#50 ·
Well, I figured that if I sent a huge box that you would feel sorry for my dumb ass and fill it with all the super secret steelhead slammers you could stuff in there.

#51 ·
UPDATE---The only missing collections are Cameron's, D3Smartie, and dryflylarry's (that would be me). Hurry up you guys. I guess you won't be chasing steelhead with these flies this weekend....Sorry Pals. :D

#53 ·
Thanks Cameron! Don't forgot to send your Two Bucks! Ha! D3Smartie ran out the door to go tuna fishing and forgot to send his with postage. Anyway, I'll cover it this time. He sent some mighty nice patterns too. Thanks D3. Only patterns left to receive are Cameron's masterpieces! Photo taking time sometime this week between looking for salmon or cutthroat.
I am then off to my annual trip to Idaho and Oregon chasing big rainbows and browns for almost 3 weeks. :p

:thumb:

#55 ·
OK. I have all the flies!! Good ones from Cameron too! I now need to take photos and get them in the mail. Not sure if I'll be ready for Saturday's mail, but I'll try, otherwise it would be Monday. Thanks all for participating. There are some great ones here. :thumb:

#57 ·
OK----All flies have been POSTED in the Gallery. Let me know if I messed up. They will be in the mail to you guys Monday. Thanks again for participating. These are all very nice. Let's go catch some steelhead!! :) :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.