Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yakima Summer Stone and/or Terrestial Swap

Swap 
16K views 213 replies 10 participants last post by  Steelhead 
#1 ·
The flies that you throw under tree limbs on a 90 deg day that make a big "splat", that could float a downrigger ball. Doesn't have to be a Stone or hopper, but the inbetween flies that could represent anything that would fall out of the brush. Examples: Madam X, chernobyl, turners bank robber, etc....Basically rubber legs, foam, deer and elk hair stuff. Also, I have read the complaints about people not getting thier flies back, so here is my solution: If you send me $5, I will UPS your flies to you and PM you the tracking number, so there will be no "lost in the mail" issues. Im thinking 12 persons max, since these are not quick to tie. April 25th deadline. If I get all the flies by the 25th, I will ship on the 27th, and PM you your tracking numbers that evening.
Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Jason

1. Jason (ozcast) - Bullet head summer stone (tan)
2. Kim Ferris - Recvd
3. CLO - foam hopper - Recvd
4. Sean K - Stimulator - Recvd
5. Mumbles - Brown foam hopper - Recvd.
6. P.E.I Fish Finder - Black Beetle - Recvd.
7. PEI. Salar.Salmo - Yellow Sally - out
8. Colton Rogers - Recvd.
9. Arthur - Chernobyl - Recvd.

See less See more
#178 ·
Oz we need to set some guidlines for the draft, so that one person doesnt get every fly of one suit. We could still go on presidance on when you got your flys in but, my suggestion is that you cannot pic the same fly in every round leaving it to be picked by someone else. And I must say to whome ever came up with the 2009 ultimate fly draft, the idea was ingeneious.

#185 ·
OK Here is the list that Mumbles would draft them:
Ozcast- Summer Stone
Sean K- Rubber Legged Stimulator
CLO - Black Hopper Down
Kim - Olive Madam X / Stone
PEI Fish Finder - Black Beetle
Colton - Foam Hopper
Arthur - Chernobyl

Nobody get all butt hurt, these all look great. Some of the lower ones on my list look like flies I've already got. I think that I'm gonna be happy with whatever you end up sending me. I agree that however the draft unfolds that no one should get more than one of the same bonus flies. That will give us at least two of several patterns in our boxes.

Awesome swap, thank all for the cool looking bugs, and thanks Oz for hosting!

#187 ·
That would be an online draft and I think it would be tough to get all seven swappers online. Maybe if we all get a list to Oz, he can run down our lists to give us our top available fly. As I see it this could be so complicated that Oz can send us whatever he wants if it is too much trouble.

#188 ·
it's pretty unlikely that we'll all be online at the same time so i'm posting my draft order. some of the same comments as mumbles - some are similar to what i already have in my box, and a couple show tying techniques that i would like to see more closely. good ties, everyone.

k

draft order:

Ozcast- Summer Stone
Sean K- Rubber Legged Stimulator
PEI Fish Finder - Black Beetle
CLO - Black Hopper Down
Mumbles - Foam Hopper
Colton - Foam Hopper
Arthur - Chernobyl

#199 ·
Alright everyone.... Its all shipping tomorrow. Would have shipped today, but a nasty virus got ahold of my computer and had to get it fixed today...no PC...no lists...no addresses on my PM. Anyway, all good now. Looks like everyone got at least one fly in thier top 2. The draw was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but it worked out. I want to thank everyone for joining the swap, and want to tell everyone that I am truly impressed on the quality of flies involved. You are all very talented. Thank you for letting me host. I hope you will let me host again for you all. It was great fun to look in the mail box with enthusiam (spelling?) everyday. Kinda made me feel like a little kid on his birthday. Anyway, enough of the sappy......let me know when you all get them.
Thanks,

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.