Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

50K views 308 replies 102 participants last post by  AllenFlyFishing 
#1 ·
Allen Fly Fishing - Trout Sereis New Design 5/7

Hi Everyone,

I just received my Alpha reels today in the new design. I'm very happy with them and the weight of the reels. They look much better in person than on a 3D print that I posted to release them. The new weights are as followed

5/6 - 4.93oz
7/8 - 5.37oz
9/10 - 6.10oz

Here are some photos that I just took. I will be getting better photos in the future.

The prices for the 5/6 and 7/8 for the forum is $60 and the 9/10 is $70.

Please contact me if interested.

Thanks

Justin

See less See more
#152 ·
Jed. First, It was not a lie. It was shipped on Wed/Thursday last week like I told you and Also posted on board that all Trout reels have been shipped. I made sure everything was shipped before I went out of town for my wedding. It went first class that may take up to 10 days. Also, its a Sunday the USPS does not deliver today. Maybe before thinking that I had not told you the truth you could have waited for Monday. Just a thought.

I'm not here to lie to you or anyone. However, everyone has there way of dealing with issues. So its alright. I do hope that you receive your reel on Monday.

Thank you,

Justin "Allen"

#154 ·
Jed. First, It was not a lie. It was shipped on Wed/Thursday last week like I told you and Also posted on board that all Trout reels have been shipped. I made sure everything was shipped before I went out of town for my wedding. It went first class that may take up to 10 days. Also, its a Sunday the USPS does not deliver today. Maybe before thinking that I had not told you the truth you could have waited for Monday. Just a thought.

I'm not here to lie to you or anyone. However, everyone has there way of dealing with issues. So its alright. I do hope that you receive your reel on Monday.

Thank you,

Justin "Allen"
Hi Jed,
Sorry for not getting back to you right away.* I will have the reel for you to ship on Monday.*
Thank you.* Have a good eveing,
Justin

To: "allenflyfishing@yahoo.com" <allenflyfishing@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 10:04:04 PM
Subject: Jed Peters Order

Any update on my order?

Sent from my iPad

#156 ·
Jed,

Im not sure what your intensions are. However, now you have a free reel and your money. The reel could not ship on Monday since i received them Tuesday afternoon.

I recevied your paypal notice and your comment on my service. I'm not sure what else I was able to do since I posted on the board to everyone when the reels were shipped. I can always be reached by phone at 574-855-7100. I answered 12 calls on my wedding day and replied to a number of emails the morning after just so people would get a reply. Now its 6:15pm Sunday and I'm back to work. I seldom take any time off. I am able to be reached via computer or on my cell at anytime.

As for the Trout 5/7 reel. I feel that your intensions were pre planned. If you were not able to afford a new reel. I have demos floating around the country being tested that I could have sold you at a lesser price. I would recommend a dia cast reel. I went to a dicks sports goods and they have a combo deal for around $40.00.

Sorry that you feel that things did not work out. However, I kept you aware of the status. I am aware that even if my service is good 99.9% of the time. Someone will fall through the cracks.

Enjoy the reel!

Justin "Allen"

Justin

#159 ·
Jed - I don't do this often, but here I go. It sounds like for whatever reason your expectations from Allen Fly Fishing were not met. We understand that, and you have made your point. Many on the board (including myself) have found Justin to be a provider of quality gear at great prices. I have also found that when a problem arises he steps up to the plate and does his best to resolve it. It appears you signed up to the board just to make your initial post in this thread. If you have anything constructive to contribute to this board then I and others will welcome you wholeheartedly. If you are only here to bash Justin then leave, or at least take it private using the Private Messaging function. I will now report this thread to the moderators.

Rob

#165 ·
Rob, Cry away.

I was told originally (on the 8th) that these reels were in stock and shipping. I was not given a shipping date. On the 14th I emailed, and was told it would ship the "following monday".

I bring it here because OBVIOUSLY it didn't get to me.

So I come onto a message board where he sells his stuff....and speak facts about my transaction.

So I'm the bad guy.

#160 ·
I have to agree with Rob here. I've purchased from Justin on several different occasions and have exchanged many emails. You're not dealing with a large distributor or shop, it's a one man operation he's running. He's also pretty new and passing the savings on to us while he gets up and running and get's his name out there. I think many of us will admit that there is some room to work on his ordering/shipping but it's still well worth any trouble for the great deals he's passing on to us on top quality gear. He also makes it right if he's behind schedule and in my experience and the people I've talked to, very generous.
I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again and recommend his products to everyone I meet.
Signing up to our board to complain is not the right way to solve a dispute. Justin is a stand up guy, he makes his phone number and email available to all and if you had a problem you should have pursued it with him till a resolution was had before slandering him on a public forum.

#161 ·
I second MtnWkr's post. I had a minor shipping issue with a warranty reel and Justin worked it out and included some extras for the hassle- I am more than satisfied with the resolution. The deals Justin offers are well worth it if you understand that he runs a one-man operation and is understandably very busy at times. Also, I communicated with Justin via private message and found no need to post in his sale thread.

On another note, how are the Saltwater reels progressing and will there be an 8/9 or 9/10wt size?

#167 ·
It shouldn't "cost" more. It should cost what he charges you. And you pay it, and expect to see goods back in kind.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedpeters&ftab=AllFeedback

There's my ebay profile. I mostly sell on ebay.

Note the feedback for late shipping a couple items from the top. Did I whine because the person purchased a $100 saddle for 2.23 and say to them "suck it up and be happy I even sold it to you?"

No, I took my neutral feedback because I owned my mistake, i.e. poor communication and not shipping my item.

#171 ·
Lets move on to the next subject: I have a 9/10 wt Alpha reel that has been fished once and the customer wanted another wt instead. It has my 9wt 2 color line and backing on it aswell. I dont want to sell it as new so $50 and $7 shipping. If anyone is looking for a 9/10 wt let me know............ SOLD

Also, Jed. Your shipment was shipped 9/22 at 11:14:39am to the address paypal provided.

Justin Peters
1330 N Broadway
Ste. 210
Walnut Creek, CA 94596

weight of the shipment 12.40oz

Thanks,

Justin

#178 ·
Boy, I always thought Allen got a few too many accolades (I checked the spelling on this one) on this site. But this guy complaining is really taking waaaaay too much space with what looks like a simple misunderstanding. Yes, I know way isn't spelled waaaaay, but what the heck! Literary license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.