Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Roll Call

Spey 
2K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  bye 
G
#1 ·
With the last weekend approaching:beathead::beathead: I have a feeling we will all see each other out on the "S" rivers. Who is walk and wading? who is floating? who is just going to say F-it? I almost am on the F-it team:confused: Its not you guys, all the gear heads and all the guides are what turns my day into a meltdown. Just like last weekend a certain 21 ft. guide sled was fishing our bucket. Although we were there first and on foot, these guys felt the need to fish our swing water. Just not sure that will be much fun for the final finally. Good luck this last go around you guys.

#10 ·
eff that.

and for all those looking to "get away from the crowds" and head to the OP: it's a complete shit show over that way too.
I hear ya! I am starting see people over there in places that I never encountered another person in years prior. I guess that it is all to be expected given the situation in Puget Sound tributaries.

#8 ·
I'm going to be in my sled bombing thru your run.

Welcome to the Skagit. Think it is bad now you should have been fishing it 15 years ago. The tiller monkeys would run up to within 10 or 15 feet of you, look you in the eye and ask you point blank if you had a problem.

#17 ·
Thanks but I don't drink. Likely won't be anyone up there to give you a ticket for running the Sauk. Even if there were I am not sure the wardens are aware or care that it is illegal to run a motorized boat on that river. I may take WW up on working all weekend. I am to bummed for fishing anymore. Thinking of selling off everything to do with river fishing and head for the salt. We might have another 10 to 20 years of fishing the sound before it is closed to all fishing.

#19 ·
You know some of the crap spewed on this site is just that crap. What are you going to do? Shoot at the guy. That's using your head. Are you going to throw rocks at him? That is really intelligent also. Or are you going to try and cast your lead weight into his boat? Good luck with that one. All of the above could be considered assault with intent to do harm. Not that any of the Skagit sled jockeys would call the cops on you but I do know of a few that would stop and kick you sorry ass all the way back to Seattle.

#20 ·
You know some of the crap spewed on this site is just that crap. What are you going to do? Shoot at the guy. That's using your head. Are you going to throw rocks at him? That is really intelligent also. Or are you going to try and cast your lead weight into his boat? Good luck with that one. All of the above could be considered assault with intent to do harm. Not that any of the Skagit sled jockeys would call the cops on you but I do know of a few that would stop and kick you sorry ass all the way back to Seattle.
I'm not even going be up there Kerry, nor would I ever think about doing any of the things you suggested, I'm just saying that some folks up there may not take too kindly to jet boating on the sauk....whether it is throwing rocks, or as HAS ALREADY HAPPENED in the past, sawing up a trailer, jet boating the sauk is risking more than a ticket. Oh and one more thing. You can bet that people willing to cut up a trailer don't ask whether you are from skidrow wooley or seattle before they do it.

#13 ·
Since I decided, oh I don't know, THE DAY THEY FREAKIN' ANNOUNCED THE CLOSURE, that stitches or not, I was going to start fishin' again, I went today. It was a great day to fish the Snoqualmie... From a boat... With gear... I was of course wading with a fly rod. The water color was my dream winter water color. Fished through a long run twice. Once big and bright, once smaller (still big by 1990's standards) and dark. Nothing of course. But if there were fish, they would have been right on the beach under the conditions present. Of course this weekend under the barrage, the non-existent fish will be holding in deep fast water, terrified.

#23 ·
The link you posted is likely irrelevant to anyone enforcing rules, and certainly to those described in my previous post.
For reference, below the regs clearly state no Internal Combustion Motors prohibited.

SAUK RIVER (Skagit/Snohomish Co.)
from mouth to Darrington Bridge
(828)
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Apr. 30 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
retained. Selective gear rules. First Sat. in June-Feb. 28: Internal
combustion motors prohibited.
Hilt, White, and Dan's creeks
(Skagit/Snohomish Co.)
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
retained. Selective gear rules.
SAUK RIVER (Skagit/Snohomish Co.)
from Darrington Bridge to Whitechuck
River (828)
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Feb. 28 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
retained. Selective gear rules. Internal combustion motors prohibited.
Clear Creek (Snohomish Co.) above
Asbestos Creek Falls
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Statewide min. size/daily limit.
SAUK RIVER (Skagit/Snohomish
Co.) from Whitechuck River upstream,
including NORTH FORK and SOUTH
FORK to Elliott Creek (828)
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
Falls, Cadet, Elliott creeks
(Snohomish Co.)
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Statewide minimum size/daily limit. Selective gear rules.
Sloan Creek (Snohomish Co.) All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Catch-and-release. Selective gear rules.
SAUK RIVER, SOUTH FORK
(Snohomish Co.) above Elliott Creek
(828)
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Aug. 31 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be

G
#25 ·
He that was the guide service I seen last weekend out on the water. Those guys are hardcore! We cut his trailer into pieces - lol. But serious who would cut up someones trailer? You would need a hot saw and some time (like 2 hrs). The stories just get deeper and deeper around here.

#29 ·
Cut up trailer? That's a first. However, I have heard of people returning to the boat launch, only to discover that their trailer tires had been slashed.

#31 ·
WDFW may or may not be able to regulate whether you can use a motor boat on the sauk....however, if you are using one on a fishing trip, then they can certainly regulate that...they don't need to give you a ticket for using a motor boat on the sauk, they can ticket you for using a motor boat to fish on the sauk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.