Status
Not open for further replies.

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

17K views 196 replies 57 participants last post by  Chris Scoones 
#1 ·
That's the latest breaking news folks.

#2 ·
NFR Osama bin Laden dead - time to start my new business

Now that bin Laden is dead, I would like to start up a business. Cremate his body and give me the ashes. I will use them to make ceramic glazes, and produce a special run of urinals with this glaze.

Any takers?

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
Too bad this will be etched in Obama's legacy. Could he be any more arrogant with his speach? "My team, My this, I gave authority" Please, this had nothing to do with you, it had everything to do with our dedicated service men and women who we all need to thank! This is not about Obama or his administration, it is about the USA, and I my friends am going to get my first tattoo based on this event, the flag and banner of our United States with perhaps a Bald Eagle! For all who serve, civil service and military, stay safe and God Bless!

Now, we must prepare for what is coming, because there will be counter attacks!

#9 ·
10 years, now that's resolve. And killed by our people in a fire fight it seems, that really makes me happy. The only thing better would be if an American with a thick NY accent chocked him to death with a smile on his face. I'm 34 and it makes me really proud to see the young kids celebrating outside the White House. Most of them look like they were 8 or 9 when 9/11 happened. Nice to know they understand the importance. And to the Obama bashers poking up already (post above...), show some support. We should all be happy and supportive today, the same way we were on 9/12/2001. Plenty of time for politics in the future. If anything, Obama worked this intelligience since summer of last year with no leaks. Makes me feel their is some discipline in this White House.

#19 ·
I do show support, to those who actually have beared the burdon of defending this country ( unlike our "fearless" leader). I am happy, I am thrilled and I thank God there are those who sacrafice everyday so we can live our lives the way we do. To think "he" had anything to do with this, I highly beg to differ, and I will leave it at that. This is not about us, our views or "him". This is about our past, present and future and I agree, we all need to celebrate and I highly agree with your post about the younger generation. I just hope they really understand the significance of this and what it means, and do not see it as a means to another party!

#30 ·
So I ask, have you served? Have you carried the burden of your country? Have you seen death either via conflict or crime? Have you seen your brothers or sisters who took the oath fall while you pushed on?

The significance, has as been stated, this is a moral victory for those who are fighting for us and for us. I did mention that we should prepare, because there will be retaliation and yes, this will cause many of the extremest groups to rise and try to claim the top spot. However, to say this isn't significant, one way or the other would be to fool yourself.

#28 ·
Evan, it is all about leadership. To wage a war against a foe for over a decade and to finally kill that foe's leader, that is significant. Our leader does not hide. Our leader has fixed address that is readily available to anyone who wishes to look it up. Our leader does not hide in a fucking cave. Our leader does not cozy up to other nation's leaders for security. Regardless of who our leader has been for over 230 years our nation has had a leader who is expected to stand on point by the citizens of our nation. Our last two Presidents committed to find this terrorist leader and bring him to justice. It is all about leadership and it has significance to many, maybe not to you.

There will be repercussions. There will be outrage from his supporters. This brings the pot to a new boiling point.

#29 ·
I can see that viewpoint. Sure, we have vengeance, but at what cost? If this escalates things in a bad way, which if you know much about their culture, it most likely will... Then those that are serving this country will be spread even more thin, and put in even more time over there away from their friends and families. I don't celebrate that for a second.

I'll celebrate when this shit show is all over.

#31 ·
THE symbolism of the long chase to get him will also send many others to his cause. I hope that our side goes after the others that are running loose yet and gets them all. My grandson was in the group that had Sadam trapped when they caught him and is now in Afganistan so maybe he has two that he was in on but who evers sons and daughters were in on this, great job and we're proud of all of you. If we hadn't have gotten him it all would just drag on as it seemed to be doing. Yes there will be more hard and dangerous fighting but the more of the leader ship we take out or capture the more the rest of their forces will be loseing the control of the troops and the thinner the leadership becomes for them to rely on. we hope. There has to be more to keep pushing them down. and not letting them bounce back.

#35 ·
One celebrates a birthday, , births, wedding, graduation or other similar milestone of our own perceived signifigance. Later those celebrations may be found to be short lived as aging, death of a loved one or inability to get a job may sour the theme. Celebrate when you can. Find one thing to rejoice about each day. There are not nearly enough days.

G
#40 ·
God bless America! Remember the towers? The Firemen, the family of the remembered? That fuck can burn in hell. The good lord has done his deed. Justice is not served. All those fucks can go to hell. God Bless America and God Bless our troops. USA!

#42 ·
Larry, I don't need to see them. When I see you next, the beer will be on me. Time for a Kitsap get together. We can talk about today's events and raise a glass. Ron, you in? Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.