Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Not a big M's fan but will miss Ichiro

NFR 
2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  J3000 
#1 ·
Ichiro traded to Yankees.

#3 ·
I'll miss ichiro as a hard working seemingly genuine player. He was a rarity in today's MLB.

But as a player, he hasn't been "ichiro" for 3 years now. A superstar at the end of his career is never an easy riddle. Him going to the Yankees makes it hard to wish him the best for the future. But I'll do it all the same.

Thanks for a lot of amazing years on some terrible mariners teams. He (and we, the fans) deserved better.

#12 ·
#10 ·
i think it made the situation easy for the M's they re-sign him for gobs of money and no production the fans are pissed, they releasea him the fans are pissed....he asked to be traded and they respected his wishes it's win win
he'll be a role player over there and hopefully be around long enough for his 3000 hits....

#13 ·
Very talented player for more than long enough to receive the praise of all in baseball. Never emerged as an icon connected with the fans. Never emerged as a leader in the clubhouse. He just went out and did his job on the field day after day. Best of luck to the man, he deserves to ba a part of a winning team.

#17 ·
Amen Kent. If they just had someone at the top that knew baseball instead of bullshit promotions. Their entire TV presentation is so minor league that it is just embarrassing. I expect they will be showcasing Milking Contest and Sadie Hawkins Day races any day now.

Ichiro gave it 10 good years but I think in the end the losses just weighed too heavily on a guy whose game was based on excellence. I think going to a winner will be a rush for a guy who has suffered more than a decade of Mariner bad decisions at the executive level. I doubt that he will end the season with a paltry .261 average.

Ive

#18 ·
I'll be at Safeco Field tomorrow rooting for Ichiro all the way even if it does mean rooting for the damn Yankees by association..

TC

Reactions: oldgoat03
#19 ·
To often when a marquee player gets to the end of his productive career teams and players make bad choices. We certainly seen some of those happen here as well as other places. I am really glad Ichiro is moving on it was time but I am more happy about the way that the two teams, Ichiro and the fans have handled this event it has been classy.
jesse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.