Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Show Us Your Flytying Space

12K views 63 replies 31 participants last post by  VanAllen 
#1 ·
So it's been a couple years since I last posted this topic and I can't seem to find the old one....must be time to do it again then.

Show us your pics of your flytying desk / area. Last time, I got a couple good ideas from them.

#39 ·
Mark and Ron,
Would either of you happen to remember the brand of your drawer/desk units?
My area currently looks like the aftermath of Katrina and Sandy combined. Those units
look perfect for material storage. Sauder is one fairly common company but haven't
found anything like it on their site yet. Thanks for any help.

#45 ·
Yeah, but a nice set of wide drawers like yours is pretty kool. Now I just need to organize my stuff, but as you know, don't hold your breath! I built the tall sides so the top would be a fly fishing book bookshelf, but look, there's a dang Websters dictionary up there and other junk!

#47 ·
So it's been a couple years since I last posted this topic and I can't seem to find the old one....must be time to do it again then.

Show us your pics of your flytying desk / area. Last time, I got a couple good ideas from them.
This has been a pretty great thread for me. I've learned a little something from each workstation.....you-all are a great resource. Mark: would you mind measuring the width of those oh-so-cool drawer units of yours? I guess if Freddy's isn't going to sell them, I might have to make some. :)

#49 ·

At this point, it's still on backburner. But all my flytying and mementos are in here. This is an old 2 room, 1 bath bunkhouse on my property. It's all mine, and hopefully by end of this week (I'm on vacation) I'll have it completely cleaned out, and ready to start install work. Been in my place 3 years now, and have been doing nonstop work on the rental nextdoor and work around the farm. Finally able to get some work done on my mancave. Will post pics as I get stuff done. :) But this is a rough pic of my tying area. :)

Attachments

#54 ·

At this point, it's still on backburner. But all my flytying and mementos are in here. This is an old 2 room, 1 bath bunkhouse on my property. It's all mine, and hopefully by end of this week (I'm on vacation) I'll have it completely cleaned out, and ready to start install work. Been in my place 3 years now, and have been doing nonstop work on the rental nextdoor and work around the farm. Finally able to get some work done on my mancave. Will post pics as I get stuff done. :) But this is a rough pic of my tying area. :)
So this ever get done???? :)

#52 ·
I just excavated my desk, and here's what it looks like clean, at least for now. Drawers in the desk separate natural and synthetics, foam and other misc. materials I have crazy ideas to use (that netting that Honeybaked Ham's come with make for nice wing material!), dubbing and chenilles. The rest of the wall are places to hold memories, etc.

View attachment 22902
Good to see an HMH.
Jack

#62 ·
The 2 drawer dresser is built out with dividers, and the top compartment with the hooks and spool slides. The oak box holds all the fancy stuff for full dress and such. The drafting table was home built, oak, i got it in 1984

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.