9 Ron McNeal
10 dryflylarry -done and received
11 zen leecher aka bill w
12 Richard Torres
bonus tyer
13 Mayfly Aviator

due date March 30, 2013

#36 ·
I'm going with a mid emerger. When mids emerge they will tend to stick both their heads and then tails up first leaving their middle section in the water. The middle section tends to shine with the built up gasses regardless of the original color of the bug so my emergers are silver/static bag and they have flotation on both ends.

#63 ·
I decided to tie this fly. I think it'll be a killer October Caddis pattern tied in the same colors as in the video. Time to do a little shopping...[/quote]

Chad, great pattern and I look forward to your ties
I guess I do have a question
ever see a size 18 October Caddis ?

#65 ·
Funny, I was about to confess to the same problem. I decided to tie up the snowshoe emerged Hans posted and picked up the hooks he recommended in the size he recommended - 14. After tying up about 6 flies I suddenly stopped and remember this was a size 18 swap. Need to get smaller hooks.

Chad, as an aside I tied that pattern for the Christmas face to face swap. It was difficult to get the length of the hair wing to a length where I thought it looked right (it kept being either too short or too long), but it does look good in person.

#66 ·
Okay, after relearning that October Caddis are slightly larger than a size 18 hook, I decided to tie the Barr Micro Emerger. I'll do size 24's IF I can get it to work. John Barr says you can, but I'm not John Barr. Gonna use BWO colors, or whatever. Can you even tell color on a fly that small?

Reactions: McNasty
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.