Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
    5,768 Posts
    Brad, I responded to your Port Townsend inquiry. I hope that helps. For any further details or personal assistance feel free to contact me offline. Bob Triggs

· Registered
    2 Posts
    That would be good if you could help. I have no phone # for him even though he called me. I promised him I wouldn't keep the number off my phone. I didn't... He and I talked about meeting up on his way up north. I got ill and it never happened. If you checked me out you know I'm for real. I want the history of realistic tying to be inclusive of all who were involved. Too many believe shareing the spotlight means less light on themselves.
    I'm older and not in the best of health. My wife passed away in 2008 so when I'm gone he will lose a supporter who can make sure he's included. You should know others do not believe as I do. The writers of the history are young and dependent on us older tyers to tell them we were not the only ones involved. I could use you help.

David Martin

· Old School Member
    799 Posts
    David:

Sounds interesting. My Dad is truly a master fly tyer. Realism is one of many styles he investigated. He follows his own set of rules and manages to come up with flies that are mysterious and wonderful. He is also highly opinionated and nearly paranoid about involving himself in book projects. His knowledge of the history of the art is extensive and deep. His collection of flies materials and such is legendary.

Have you tried to contact him directly? If you check out perhaps I could help you contact him

· Registered
    2 Posts
    Hey Brad, you don't know me but I've talked to your Dad in the past. Anyway some people I know are working on putting together the history of realistic tyers and I told them it needs to include your Dad. Is there anyway to get some information such as images, articles or anything other than the small amount of knowledge my wife and I put together many years ago.

This may not seem important but the history is being written by others little pieces at a time in articles and public statements and as you might expect that history will favor the writers more than the facts. I have been asked to participate but will hold off until I see what direction it's going as I am aware of the contributions your Father and a couple of others have had.

You can Google me (David Martin Realistic Flies) just so you can see I'm a real person.
    Hope to hear from you.

David Martin
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…