Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Registered
    71 Posts
    Hey Steve, How have you and Amy been? Will we see you at Rock Creek this summer? Run off now so nothing happening on the water. We've been here a little over a month. Had a couple of good days before the creek rose. We've been working on projects around the place and cutting and splitting firewood (bought a log splitter).

Tim

· Sculpin Enterprises
    3,415 Posts
    Hi Tim, Amy will be at FHL for the summer. Bob and I may visit as early at late June/early July or in late July. What is the snow pack this year? We'll probably stop at the St. either coming or going. Does it look like a high water or low water year?
    Mike says that you and Deary had a great winter chasing snow around the west. So, it appears that you are both enjoying your well-deserved retirement.

Steve

· Registered
    71 Posts
    Hey Steve, How was Australia. Missed you guys on the St. Joe. Fishing was steady but a little smaller than normal. Low water. Tribs didn't fish well at all. Deary and I had a knock out day on Rock Creek in Montana after we left the St. Joe. Tim

· Registered
    71 Posts
    Hey Steve,

Are you and Amy still planning to join us for the Memorial Day Weekend at Mt. Springs Lodge. I'm in the process of finalizing everything.

Tm

· Registered
    355 Posts
    Hello :) I was hoping you could guide me to the great flyfishing destinations in the San Juan Islands. I'm taking the girls, so that is why we picked the location. Hoping to find some good flyfishing is all;) any info would be appreciated! You had mentioned some fresh water as well as salt in an earlier post.

· Tooth and Tail
    153 Posts
    Steve,

Thanks for the info on the Cow. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Kristian

· My Kind Of Wave
    209 Posts
    I probably should have sent you a PM. Any way I'd appreciate your thoughts.
    Thanks Howie

· My Kind Of Wave
    209 Posts
    Hey Steve,
    Thanks for the info you gave me on the SJI's when I first joined the forum. The trip is still planned for mid Sept. Instead of renting a home next to SJ County Park, we are now up top, above Roche on Neill Bay. There is a small isthmus beach on the westside up there. Very close to the house. Just curious if you had dove that area, and know whether it would be worth the time + effort to fish it. The south beach at Amer Camp seems to be the spot, but I am at complete opposite ends and may only get 2 hrs in the AM, before I need to get with the rest of the crew for day activities.
    On the mornings I have time, I will definitely be down at S Beach. But when I am short for time, I hoped I could gear up at the house at 1st light, and then walk out and hammer the beaches and points on the north end. Maximize the fishing nearest the house. I'm hearing the pinks will probably be done by mid to end of Sep, so I'm banking on a decent run of Silvers. Opinions?
    Thanks Howie in Colo

· Sculpin Enterprises
    3,415 Posts
    Hi Tim,

Sounds like a great adventure. It seems from this experience and our previous one that there are some nice fish up that high, but they are very spotty. I am very thankful to everyone in the group for making my friend Bob so welcome; never expected anything less from everyone.

I just got back from four days at Leech Lake at the top of White Pass. I caught lots of nice trips (16 - 18") on Callibaetis duns and adult damsels and some nice brookies too. I've fished 20 of the 25 (+) days that I was my goal for the summer. I have some days on the ranch section of the Elwha planned for after Labor Day and some attempts at steelhead on the Hoh and Quinault. I am pretty confident that I'll meet my goal.

Hope to be able to fish with you more than once a year, but if not, Amy and I hope that you, Deary, and the boys have a great year.

Steve

· Registered
    71 Posts
    Steve,

Hellman creek was a great ride up on 5 bikes and in 2 vehicles. Fishing was OK. I put Walter and Denise in the sweet spot where the creek meets the St. Joe and they caught 6-7 nice fish there but otherwise not so many. Four of us hiked about a mile downstream and fished our way back up - pretty sparse. Mike C. had a good afternoon. He took one of the dirt bikes about a mile or two upstream to new territory and caught about a dozen mid-size fish. Nick and Julia caught a bunch of small fish in Heller Creek. Those of us on the dirt bikes took a side trip on the way back to top of Simmons Ridge for 360% views.

Fishing kept improving (and crowds kept moving in) thru till we left on Sunday.

Tim

· Sculpin Enterprises
    3,415 Posts
    Hi Tim,

I'll check our schedule. I would love to go back, but there are some visitors coming in around that time too. School finishes today and I'm off to Dry Falls for a few days next week. I haven't been doing near as much fishing as I deserve. Hope you've been getting out some.

Steve

· Registered
    71 Posts
    Hey trout stomper,

You coming to the St. Joe this summer. We'll be there with the Canino's and the usual crew from July 19th for seven or eight days.

Tim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…