Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Fish On!
    259 Posts
    Hi Dave,
    Sure miss your wonderful videos. I have always appreciated you trip advice that landed me and my buddies near Warm Springs in 2012. We tried it again this year and found that the water was 2-3 feet lower but still managed some nice fish to 24". I will be headed into the "Bob" in August for one of those "bucket list" trips. Thanks again

· Harrison
    392 Posts
    If you're hitting it up mid-morning go with hare's ears really small with gold bead head fished either way up are way down deep. If you get there at 6am fish the morning hatch if there happens to be one. Most the bugs coming off right now are tan and small. The big fish go for smaller flies, while the smallest cookie-cutter fish take the hale bop leeches and anything else you throw at em' - there pretty dumb. Saw about 10 get picked off from 9pm to 11pm one evening...something I found interesting was using a sparkle olive bugger with a hare's ear dropper...deadly! I have 2 dries that just irritate the large fish...PM me for the pattern...Good luck man, and enjoy MT...amazing country over there.

· Harrison
    392 Posts
    Well I imagine some folks think any fish out of any water is certainly worth more than $500 and court fees they'll pay - really astounds me, but people will keep doing stupid things. An old sage Confucius said it best when he said -- "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." I think that holds true! Anyways, we were going to go out there this afternoon but saw the wind 10-15 for Seattle which means 15-25 up there and I'm about the dry so I'll wait until Friday or Saturday when it gets warmer and we might manage a hatch or two! I'll let you know...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…