Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    555 Posts
    Hey, Jim RIGGINS here. Been a long time since my last post. Living in Kalama near the river and getting ready to retire in November. Plans are to get back to fishing often have been to busy working raising grandkids and life in general. Just getting in touch with all the old timers on here. Hope to see some of you on the river

· Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin
    459 Posts
    Hey Jim, long time what have you been up too?

· Registered
    555 Posts
    Work and fishing, ,caught a nice clone on the Klickitat yesterday and another last week on the Kalama in the canyon. Later JR

· Still truckless now farther away
    1,735 Posts
    HEy Jim now that you're talking about the spey clave on the sandy what would you think about Picking up an ole"buddy" whos now in portland and could use a ride. Are you going? I've never been down here. I have no Idea if she will ever liet me back up north. I may nnnnnnot even get fishing before then the way things are going. Bob

· Registered
    555 Posts
    well you're right across the river if you want to get a line wet so you can take your mind off stuff, friends Jim

1,735 Posts
    Thanks Jim it was not that unexpected bbut was hoping it wouldn't happen I'll be staying at one of my daughters for the time being in portland I'll stay in touch and will be trying to get a phone and computer set up soon. allways lots to do to get right. Bob

1,735 Posts
    Thanks for a good day t hat nnight stunk but it was coming. MAMa tossed me out and Im now in portland at my kids I told steve but hes the onLy connection I'll ge t my computer set upina few days Bob

· Registered
    1 Posts
    Jim,
    I've discovered I'm a lousy roll caster. The problem is my poor forward loop. So it's back to my lighter rig to set the loops right. Hey, I have the time since no one is catching anything around here. Thanks again for hosting the trip yesterday. I was fun and beautiful on the river and Don is a good guy. Don't forget to bring your fly tying stuff this Saturday.

Joel

· Free Man
    1,863 Posts
    I just found your visitor message from many months ago. Didn't know this feature existed due to congenital tunnel vision. You've probably figured out that I'm not the baseball guy; former soccer jock and coach, but that's not even close.

Apologies for late reply

Might see you at Jason's party if I'm in town.

1,735 Posts
    I forgot to say I'm ready for the 20th okay, i'm trying to send a sand lance pic
    ;IMPG1399.

1,735 Posts
    Les Johnsons pattern for the williams point sand lance, It calls for atube but I didn't use it . Hook gamkatsu SC-15 sizes 2 to 8 Thread fine mono, wing bucktail olive over gray over white, Toppng few strands olive pearl flashabou, median llne few strands of silver Krystal flash.Eyes mini bead chain black, Softex the entire head two coats. Blackl phase change over body to black bucktail and black Flashabou for topping. use black phase best on sunny days and the olive phase on overcast days. Ididn't tie any black. size range from over 1 in to 4 inches okay? I can't find if you gave me your e-mail do so and I'll send a picture.

459 Posts
    Hey Jim!
    Looks like I'll finally get a chance to meet with ya. I talked to Jason as he told me you'll be fishin Merrill this saturday! Sound like were gonna have a blast. I might even hed up a bit early and somehow try to fit in some fishin up around the eagle cliffs as I heard from some fellows down at the shop that the fishin been good up there. I also wonder that maybe there might be some fish to catch on canyon creek. Do you have anything to report about these areas? Any how, again I'll be looking forward to the weekend and meeting you. Let me know if your interesed in carpool and when you plan on heading up.

· Registered
    1,711 Posts
    Jim,
    Shipped fishing gear last friday, should be arriving today. I'll call you this evening.
    Scott

· Registered
    555 Posts
    I remember my dad taking me fishing when I was around 12 or so and going there for breakfast, Jack Schmidt was the cook he was as crusty as old Foss and all the local fisherman would gather and swap lies and show off thier fish and newest and shiniest equipment like Reder rods and Mitchell 300's, funny stuff now! Ya he was quite the charactor, thanks for bringing back all those memories. That's basically how I grew up and as you can see by the picture my grandson will my fishing gene going. That just made my day.PRICELESS!

· Registered
    555 Posts
    Hey Jamie, Old Foss passed away years, boy he was to the Lewis as old Harry Truman was to St. Helens. Gassaway's sold the park to the County after Foss died years ago. The old building still looks the same, don't know if the camera is still there thoough. Odviousy you can't fish the falls anymore. 400' both ways. the County cleaned the land up quite a bit and added bathrooms and maybe a few camp sites not sure about that one but it seems to me I heard that some where. I grew up in Yacolt, from 3yrs old and now I'm 54. always been good to me.

· Registered
    5,250 Posts
    Hi Jim - I fished the EFL years ago up near Lucia Falls. There was a guy named Foss Gasaway - what a guy - were you around there back in the 80's?

459 Posts
    Hey Jim,
    Sure appriciate the invite! Unfortanatly I leave for a seasonal job in Wyoming June 15. I probaly will not be able to fish the EFL untill I return in the fall. I'll make sure to look for you then.
    -Tight lines
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…