Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    41 Posts
    I have that rod. I used it in Baja on two trips. Probably caught 5 Dorado. The rod is in excellent condition. I don't know where the tube is? I will look in a few different places. I bought a 5pc rod tube since I have the 12 weight as well. Interested still?

· Registered
    21 Posts
    Also a BVK for 200 I had a 7wt BVK but found in the wind it felt unstable. What I mean by that is it felt like the wind was pushing it around during the cast. I felt that a heaver swing weight rod tracked better. I have a 8wt and 10wt Sage One as my primary rods. This will be a windy day rod at best. Thank you for your help and experience

· Registered
    21 Posts
    I found older model Predator almost new. For 100.00 I have no experience with them however you are the third person to recommend one. Any thoughts? The newer model 8wt gets killed in the Yellowstone Shootout. I was offered a TCR for 250.00 do you think it would be worth blowing the budget by 50.00 or save the 150.00 go with the older model Predator and spend the extra on a better reel.

· BAD CHICKEN
    13 Posts
    Steve email and pay pal invoice/payment request sent to the email address that you gave to me.
    Sean

· Registered
    152 Posts
    Hi Steve; You extended an invitation to fish at your place. I would like to accept if possible. Bob Young : fishbum@seanet.com. Regards, Bob Young

· Carpe diem!
    33 Posts
    Steve, thank you for the wonderful hospitality on Sunday! Jim & I enjoyed the trip up and it was a pleasure to meet you. Ed Owens

· Still truckless now farther away
    1,735 Posts
    Steve I was wondering what sizes you used for your spec fly for pinks Even says he uses 8 s and 10 s abd I want to' tie someth'iings to have some clooousers at leastl thanks Bob

1,735 Posts
    Steve I was wondering what sizes you tied the Pink flies in. Evan said he does it in 8's and 10's. I'm going to tie a few of something any way Take care Bob

1,735 Posts
    Steve, I'm now in Portland at my daughters and will probably move on in a day or two to my otherdaughters thaat probably has moare room. I'll get my computer st up then. I told the group that I wasgoing tothe Yak with that I would only be contacting you for now. We brought a u-haul of stuff that Ihave to help unload tomorrow and then get started moonday running down connections. I'll give you a phone number when I get one. I'm tirerd but will be okay talk toyou latter. Bob

· Registered
    4,674 Posts
    It turned out to be a real bust from a fishing standpoint. No fish in sight wherever we went. The day before or the day after but I got to spend quality time with my brother and his family so the trip was well worth it. His grandson was on an All-star baseball team so I saw three games while I was there. Games over at about 11:00 P.M. with no lighted field but the sun was still up. I don't think I'll ever get used to that. The weather was good until Sunday when it rained and that meant it was time to come home. I'll see you Saturday.

· Registered
    4,674 Posts
    Hey Bob. I like to fish about 90 minutes before and after the tide change. The formation of the beach is such that the optimum fishing area is about the first 150 feet from the bulkhead and then the slope flattens out. Also, the beach is gravel covered closer in and then where it flattens, the beach turns to hard packed sand. I like the moving current for fishing as well and try to pick days when the tide differential is not so great. We've had some big tide changes in the past few days so the tide receads really quickly and cuts down on the fishing times because it moves out so fast. For instance, today's high is about 7:15 at 9.3 feet and the low is 6.1 at about 2:30 this afternoon. Damn, if I had been down there this morning at 6:00 or so, I would have caught the final hour + and then the slack and then the outgoing for a couple of hours. That would have given me about three to four hours of fishing which is about what I like. I should have looked at the tides.

1,735 Posts
    Steve, we were thinking about coming by some time and I was wonderiing how you judge when to go down to fish. Do you go by the tides and if so how much time before or after what? Also did Aaron get a hold of you yet? Thanks Bob

1,735 Posts
    Steve , Aaron wanted your E-mail address so I told him I'd send you a message. Send it to him at Speyschool@comcast.net you might give it to me too I guess.

1,735 Posts
    Hey Steve I would appreciate a ride with you Sat. to the Monroe party. thanks I'll be in the church parking lot before 7:00. Are you taking any gear or just going to watch and talk? I'm thinking about a stool so I can sit once in a while and maybe a book or two in case I can get autographs. Don't really know what to expect. Bob

· Registered
    4,674 Posts
    Yes, I'll be there. I'm bringing my two nephews, ages 8 and 10 so they can get some instruction. See you then.

1,735 Posts
    Hey Steve that's great about Les and Carol coming to the face to face. I tried a couple of months a go to catch up with them and missed. I've wanted to just chat with him and also get my book signed too. Are you going to fall city tomorrow? I'll be there but don't need a ride this time.

· Registered
    4,674 Posts
    What's happenin'? Fishing Dash Pt early Friday morning, like 5:00 A.M.; Have to get some of that good Pink Salmon. Sorry about your rod but I don't think your fix will work very well. Sometimes you just have to let them go.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…