Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Gig Harbor Gear Thief

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  gldntrt40 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

One of our buddies in Gig Harbor got his truck broken into in his driveway, which seems to be happening more and more around here.

They got him for a Scott Radian 5wt, and a St. Croix Imperial 3wt, a Sage double rod tube (like a $100) and a bunch of hunting a fishing items that were in there too. The no good dirty bass-turd got him while he was home. Please contact me with any information. Between him and a ton of the other guys that are coming into the shop in the past 6-8 months this is becoming a problem. Contact me with any info if you hear anything.

Thanks guys, and I hope this does not happen to any of you.

#6 ·
Not to add insult to injury, why do people EVER leave valuables in vehicles?

As a hiker, we have been well versed at leaving nothing in cars ever, for decades.
Empty McDonald's wrappers is it. Some guys truly leave an empty beater vehicle with the doors unlocked at trailheads.

Every successful break in also encourages more to come.

Nowhere is safe.

Removing stickers and such is a big plus too. Camera guys with nice gear-Leicas etc.. put black tape across the brandname while traveling. Smart.

#9 ·
BTW, one of my customers in Purdy got hit a year ago. They actually broke into his garage and took all his fishing and outdoor gear. And he advertised nothing on his rigs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.