Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What Saturday morning(s) in August work for you?

• August 8th

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • August 15th

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • August 22nd

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • August 29th

Votes: 9 60.0%

VOTE for a Date: Glass & Grass Rod 'clave, Seattle area, August

Fiberglass 
2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  clarkman 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get together to cast some glass & grass rods this summer!

VOTE for one or more Saturday mornings in August to participate in a glass and bamboo rod casting gathering in the Seattle area (location tbd). Time might be 8AM-noon for the day we pick.

#5 ·
I don't have anything in concrete for any of those dates although I'm trying to work out a 4 day weekend trip somewhere near the end of August. To be honest, I'm a little worried about there being enough cold water in place to really get to fish. If I'm around, I'll be there!

#9 ·
I have a dilemma. I volunteered to organize this, but the two leading dates (Aug 15 and 29) are the two dates I cannot make. Granted, they are leading narrowly, but still leading. I suppose I could let someone else organize this. All I was going to do was post this poll, select the most popular date, and pick a park and time to meet. Any advice? More votes to break the near deadlock?

#11 ·
I have a dilemma. I volunteered to organize this, but the two leading dates (Aug 15 and 29) are the two dates I cannot make. Granted, they are leading narrowly, but still leading. I suppose I could let someone else organize this. All I was going to do was post this poll, select the most popular date, and pick a park and time to meet. Any advice? More votes to break the near deadlock?
How about Saturday, September 5th then? We should have fine weather still and i'm back in town then.

#12 ·
Sept 5th is Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Would that be better or worse than a regular weekend in August? I know I never travel on that weekend if I can help it, but I might be in the minority on that.

#14 ·
OK, it's going to be August 8th at 9:00 AM. Part of choosing this date is that it's soon and many of us probably aren't fishing considering the water conditions.

It's going to be at a park near my house (not because of my own convenience, but because I know it is under-used and has a big flat open field). The park is in Redmond and is called Cascade View Neighborhood Park. It's across the street from part of the main Microsoft campus off NE 40th. Address and map:

CASCADE VIEW NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
16202 NE 40th St, Redmond, WA
http://binged.it/1LqAjAB

I will post a fresh new thread to announce this. Thanks everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.