Swap 
11K views 126 replies 18 participants last post by  kelvin 
#1 ·
Holiday Face to Face Fly Swap Gathering

Holiday Face to Face Fly Swap Gathering
Seems like there hasn't been a swap in awhile so must be time
Like to do this as a face to face swap
dont know where yet will work that out in next couple of days
thinking end of Novemeber or begining of December before all the holiday obbligations are up on us
Holiday face to face fly swap 2012
Tie ten flies -two sets of 5 flies
you will swap flies with two other tiers and get ten flies

It will be at the Avid Angler in Lake Forest Park
northend of Seattle
on December 1, 2012 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm

The Avid Angler
17171 Bothell Way Northeast Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
206-362-4030 shops number

who's in?

1 - Kelvin
2- Rob Ast
3-Gary Knowels
4-dryflylarry
5-porterHause
6-Ron McNeal
7-jeff bandy
8-coastal cutthroat
9-Thomas Mitchell
10- Pat Lat
11-Irafly
12-Richard Torres
13-FlyingFish
14-

See less See more
#70 ·
We are about a week out
how is everyones ties going ?
I am bring some food and hope others will too
Please come prepared to demo you ties or share anything else you want to.

I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and many tight lines and bent rods to come
from monsteriously large fish
that take epic runs
and hope you have enough backing when they happen.

#79 ·
I just found out that I will have other obligations on that day. I am really bummed as I would have loved to meet you all and see all of the flies that were tied up. I already have my set of flies tied so I will drop them off at the Avid Angler this week. They will all be toe tagged so I hope that they get swapped and someone enjoys them.

#82 ·
Sounds like a good time! I was planning to swing by AA anyway, and just saw this thread. I'll definitely join in for socializing. Would love to meet some new folks.

If we get a #13 and need a #14, or if someone drops out, I can try to fill in, though I haven't really had a chance to prove my patterns in the salt and on the swing and all I really have are some trout patterns.

Ira, I work in Everett, so I can try to get your flies and swap them for you. Let me know...

Anybody up for a bit of fishing beforehand? Maybe a few quick hours?

#91 ·
I'm still alive here! I have a set of PMD size 20 emergers tied up so far. Not sure just yet about the rest. Either some size 24 Blue Wing Olives, or some simple Popsicle Sticks or a version thereof...hmmmmm. See you all Saturday.

#97 ·
I'm still not 100% sure I will be there as I have a new ACR1327 and the river is calling...

However, my flies will be there for sure. I tied my variation of the McMillan Winter's Hope and another pattern of my own design that I like for low, clear winter days and call simply "Green & Copper".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.