Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Quick Naches report 7/5/13

977 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  cabezon 
#1 ·
Docstash and I took the watermasters and floated from halfway flats to the pinecliff bridge today. Great float despite the wind. Oh and it may be a bit too early to wet wade... Especially with the wind; froze our asses off. Hooked and landed a few fish, all over 12" and all cutties. Few and far between and all were in places off the beaten path. My advice for those wanting to float it is, watch the log jams, dodge the big boulders, and be smart about it. As far as fishing goes, we threw chubbies, stones, and all the small stuff you can think. Finding the fish is the battle. Where there's 1, there's more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#5 ·
It's called balls omj, "have a little balls". (inside joke) but seriously, that section is calm compared to the rest. No pain, no gain.

That 3wt is a machine! Don't hate. Let's just say, I've known of some beasts to be landed on a 3wt. I've already said too much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#8 ·
I have a cabin a few miles upriver from halfway flat and it is quite a bit shorter to take hwy 410 than to go all the way to Yak and back. I can do it in less than 2.5 hours without too much speeding. That is from Beacon Hill, so I'm on the freeway out of Seattle pretty fast. In the winter/spring when Chinook is closed and I have to go through Yakima, it is close to 3.5 hours with clear roads.

Thanks for the report, by the way. I'm looking forward to hitting that area more this year. I haven't strayed too far from the area between the Little Naches and American/Bumping confluence in the last few years.

#11 ·
I was up at Bumping Lake last week and I should have taken the time to drive down to the little Naches or the American. The American looked particularly inviting when we drove up to the pass. But, it was a family trip and I was constrained..... My brothers-in-law and I did try the Bumping River one evening. Of course, with the very hot weather melting snow on the ridge lines last week, the river flows spiked and it was pretty unwadable when we tried. Well, at least the dunk cooled me down. Of course, levels were dropping as we left.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.