Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Micro Leech Swap

Swap 
7K views 62 replies 14 participants last post by  Irafly 
#1 ·
All leeches must be size 12 or smaller and should not be longer than an inch in length.

I've been fishing micro leeches like crazy in lakes and they far out produce just about anything I use. I tend to use scud or jig hooks with tungsten beads and hang them under indicators and my patterns will match that theme, but your welcome to tie whatever.

Number of tiers and flies depends on the interest as does the due date (micro leeches work year long).
Otherwise all other rules apply, although to be honest I don't need you to toe tag your flies, we can all check the swap photos to find out who tied what.

1. McNasty
2. Steeli Done
3. Matt Baerwalde Done
4. Chad Lewis Done
5. KevinLS Done
6. Gary Knowles Done
7. troutpocket Done
8. Nick Clayton Done
9. fly punk Done
10. Irafly (almost forgot to add my own name!) Done
11. Wayne Kohan Done
12. Ron McNeal Done

See less See more
#40 ·
I was hoping the first post was in jest but had no indication of it. After reading the the next post it seems that he was pulling a fast one on us and will be delivering the child of that 8 month pregnant leech for our fishing pleasure.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

Reactions: KevinLS
#48 ·
Where is everyone else in this swap? Have you started tying? Half way there? Waiting on supplies? Done but not mailed? Mailed? Already in? Once I have two or three more sets, I'll reveal who was first in!

#53 ·
Made a few proto bugs. Going with one using some brown beaver underfur. At least in the sink has pretty cool effect in water of moving but at same time keeping the tail suspended.
Half way done and will finish up this weekend; should be post marked on Monday.
Being out of town two of last four weeks got me pretty swamped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.