Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anyone fish a 7wt Batson RX6? Comments/Opinions

582 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chodder 
#1 ·
Looking to build a 10' 7wt and was thinking RX6, any thoughts opinions etc on this blank?

#5 ·
I own 3 Batson's and have fished with more than a dozen of these rods...Bro-in-law has built all of them. Agree with the RX6 in a 3-4wt. being a decent stick, but I wouldn't go with less than a RX7 for what you want and the 7+ is well worth the extra money. Your already saving by building it yourself, I would buy the best blank I could afford. I know they have gone way up in price in the last 5 years, but the + series is a much better blank in all weights, IMHO. The RX 8+ 5 wt. gets the most use, lakes, rivers or the salt.

#6 ·
I built this exact rod, Batson 10' 7 wt RX6. It was a nice looking blank, but was a little slow in my opinion. I agree with the guys that say this may be a good 4wt blank.

Check out the PAC BAY Quickline blanks. About the same price as the Batson. I built an 8 wt on the quickline, a bit faster and I really like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.