05-06 Beginner/Intermediate Anti-Shack Nasty Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Sep 17, 2005.

1. More good news, Dylan DePaulo's flies arrived in the afternoon mail. Nicely tied, Dylan.

Matt said his are in the mail, so that leaves John Clark and Bill Douglass. 12 out of 15 are in with a couple days to go. Looking good fellas.

REE

2. Mine are in the mail. I'm hoping they will show up in today's mail. If not they definitely should be there on Tuesday. I apologize for not getting them off sooner. :( It's been a helluva month.

3. Matt, your very buggy looking flies arrived this afternoon. Very nicely done.

Bill, for some reason I can get mail from Idaho and New Jersey faster than from Olympia. They should show up by tommorow if the Postal Gods are willing.

John doesn't have computer access, so Jesse James, could you give John a shout and let me know whats up?

Pictures of flies will probably get taken tonite, posted on the day they are mailed.

Later guys,

REE

4. Talked to John Clark he said he mailed his on Friday with a note of apology that they were late. He hoped they would be there on Monday but they obviously did not make it. Hope they are at your house today(Tuesday).
    Blessings
    jesse clark

5. Jesse, Thanks for the update. I'll hold off until John's flies arrive.

Bill Douglas's flies arrived this afternoon and were worth the wait. Very nice flies, Bill.

I'll be sending out an e-mail in the next day or two, just to keep everyone on the same sheet of music.

Later,

REE

6. John's flies arrived in the afternoon mail. First time I've ever had to sign for flies. He definately made an attempt to get them in on time. Flies will be photographed tonite and mailed in the morning along with a piece of material for the December tying contest, which must be used for your submission.

Later,

REE

7. Howdy Fellas,

If you have checked the gallery, you've seen the pics of this months flies, which means they are in the hands of the USPS and are winging their way to you as I type this.

If I didn't post your recipe for the nymph you tied, please go into the gallery and post it in the comments section so other folks can benefit from your tying skills.

In addition to your flies there is an extra item in the package. Each of you will have a Daiichi, style numer 2051, size 3 hook. In other words, an Alec Jackson Spey Hook, size 3. This is the hook for the Christmas tying contest. Just remember, you can modify the hook any way you want to to tie your Christmas fly. Now get those creative juices flowing. Oh, yeah, those who tied for last years contest, no fair resubmitting the same fly.

Nice work from all tiers this month. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the wet fly selection due in by the 30th of November.

REE

8. I got mine in the mail today. Outstanding job everyone.

9. Dang, that's quick service, Anyfish. You must know someone at the post office.

REE

10. I got mine Saturday, and All I can say is I feel pretty out gunned! Very, very nice flies. I will work harder this time around to see if I can attempt to match some of the work you all are doing.

Thanks also to REE for all your hard work.
    Griswald

11. Thanks Ron for the bonus box, you are the "Swap Master"........I feel pretty out gunned myself as well.....Great job everyone and look forward to the next round......Good times!

Darrin <><

"Well, you know what they say!........"

12. Darrin,

I have several of those boxes that I use only for fly swaps, mailing address permanently attached and all that. They hold most fly selections, even for salmon and steelhead fly swaps and they are really cheap.

Randy Diefert also has a great idea. He uses old VHS Tape boxes with a foam strip in the center. They hold a ton of flies as well and you can probably pick them up for a reasonable price.

REE

13. Jeff Phillips,

I guess my computer burped during the power auttage last night and I can't find your e-mail addy in cyber space. Drop me an e-mail or PM so I can send you the latest updates.

REE

14. I get those old VHs containers from the local video rental store. They give them away for nothing. They also make great storage units for swap flies that you want to keep for future patterns.
    Got my flies today. Wow, Good job Guys! And Tom I love your toe tags; Very professional looking presentation! Everybody has sure come along way since the last Marathon swap.

15. Nice flies guys!

Sorry about the metered postage Ron, I should've known better, my wife used to work for the post office. :( I'll get you back for the postage with this month's flies.

Des

16. Des,

Don't sweat the small stuff, Bud.

REE

17. Ron,
    You weren't kidding about the Yelm to Olympia mail time. I didn't get my envelope until Tuesday. I'm half tempted to start hand delivering them.

-Bill

18. Bill D., I'm not sure where you are in Oly, but I make a couple trips a month into one of the fly shops in town. If ya wanta meet up, that would work for me. Saves postage too.

Anyfish is trying to make the rest of us look like slackers. His wet flies arrived in the afternoon mail. Some nicely tied ones too. I may have to test those puppies out before I mail them out to you other guys...NOT.

REE

19. One of the nice things about hosting a swap is getting first peek at the flies as they arrive. Today Tom Grobelny's wet flies arrived in the afternoon mail. He has set a new standard for all us slackers. Not only does he have the usual CAD, two sided toe tags on color coordinated paper, he has submitted some beautifully tied G........Nah, I ain't gonna tell you what he tied. Just rest assured, you will like these flies.

REE

20. Us slackers don't have a tag team partner as Tom does! I've heard rumor that she can put most of us to shame! ;)