Happy Birthday IveofIone

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Well, thanks guys-this was a birthday I was particularly glad to have! And it was a dandy. Susie was in Spokane on Thurs and brought home almost $100 worth of steaks including some flank steaks and top round for jerky. I marinated jerky overnite on Friday and cured it Saturday. I'm well stocked now.

I wanted simple fare for dinner on Sun so it was baked beans with homemade BBQue sauce and the obligatory big T-bone cooked over charcoal. Just superb. The piece de resistance was the scratch built double chocolate cake with the hand made fudge frosting served with vanilla bean ice cream. We had debated not making the cake this year because it is so rich but I lost enough weight after my accident that a few thousand more calories can't hurt me. After 3 bites I was starting to get dizzy as the sugar rush overwhelmed me. By the time I was half done I felt like a seizure was a distinct possibility but I soldiered on and nearing the end a golf ball sized chunk remained that taunted me almost to say: "Go ahead-I dare ya'!" I couldn't do it, discretion winning out over gluttony.

I'll try again today though. Thanks for your good wishes.

Ive
When are you going to tell us about how not to fall a tree on yourself.

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
Sounds like a fantastic birthday, Ive! I'm so glad that you and Susie could celebrate it - and in style! I hope there are many more such celebrations in the years ahead! Happy Birthday!