A month and a day...

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I do not doubt you... based on near identical post and time years past. Looking forward to bird hunting vicariously through your reports as I seem never to be able to free up the time to get into this myself :).

Roper

Idiot Savant
I'd like to give doves a try but I have no idea where to go. There's a few around where I hunt grouse but darned few.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I'll let you know if I find enough around to make the drive worth it, Roper. I'll start scouting within the next couple weeks.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
This is starting to sound like the makings for an epic "Cast & Blast & Blast & Blast . . . " . . . add a few prams/floating devices & we could see if Lenore fishes as good in the fall as it used to.

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
Dove shoots and grouse hunts, love'em.

Anyone who would use anything larger than a 20 ga on either species would also try to snag native steelhead off the redd.

Roper

Idiot Savant
I'm not sure about that Karl, my 16 is handy for grouse, never tried doves...but if you insist I have a 20 and 28...

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
Roper, save that 16 ga ammo for pheasants, as you know, that is the ideal gun for them. Grouse are 'up close birds" and doves are too small to need much shot to bring 'em down. And Jim hit the nail on the head, I mean there is a hell of a lot of difference in the amount of shot in 3/4 oz vs 7/8 ounces...not.

I know both you and Jim shoot way too well to need a bazooka for doves or grouse.