Somewhere in Washington

Ed Call

Hiked in carrying a 35.5# pack. What was I thinking? Hiked in with two co-workers 15 years my junior. What was I thinking? They were new to backpack hammock camping so I agreed to bring the common gear. What was I thinking? The destination was up and down with a fair number of switchbacks. What was I thinking? See what I was thinking:

image.jpg

If memory serves, this river offered up my first trout on a fly. Thinking that this trip refreshed that memory.
This was one of six fish I caught in limited fishing time. What I'm thinking now is how long until I hike back out there?

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
I always think the quality of the fish increases with the effort expended to find it regardless of the size of the fish. Very nicely done, Ed.

Ed Call

I see you're looking a little more trim than the last time I saw you.
No footwear....what were you thinking?
Trying!

Good stuff, brohiem.
Wish we could have aligned our schedules.

Nice fish! I believe you were thinking you forgot your boots . . .
My trail hiking shoes were already soaked. I had them drying. I was giving a tutorial on casting to my hiking mates. A simple water haul and place into the feeding conveyor foam line of the river should put the fly right BAM!

They think I have fish whisper superpowers. I'm just a lucky bastard that likely hooked two newbies on hammock camping and fly fishing.

SquatchinSince86

Totally Unprofessional
Ed, since you mentioned it, i will be over on the peninsula soon to hopefully hammock the seven lakes basin. If you have been in this area, what's the tree situation?

That fish is a trophy winner!

Ed Call

Ed, since you mentioned it, i will be over on the peninsula soon to hopefully hammock the seven lakes basin. If you have been in this area, what's the tree situation?

That fish is a trophy winner!
Hiked and tent camped that area a decade ago. I believe trees to be plentiful!