Gallery work - Site speed - fyi....

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
I'm testing new gallery software. Part of the test is importing everything from the old / current gallery. There are many 100's of categories, 10's of 1000's of photos, so it's going to be at things for a while. During the import you may experience the site running a bit slower today. fyi.

Update: completed testing
Update: decided to move forward with it

Chris

Last edited:

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Thanks for the heads up Chris and also for all the hard work you've put into this upgrade!

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
You'll notice the "gallery" is gone, replaced by "media". Still sorting things out. The look and feel will be adjusted a bit. Categories will continue to be sorted. That said, have an early look at things, and go ahead and test things out.

This gallery is tied into the forum much, much tighter.

Direct links to your media files are located under your avatar now. If you, or someone you're looking at, has any photos in the gallery it'll display how many and that number is linked. You might not have noticed it as I also added new function to only show that info when you hover over someone's name or avatar in discussions. Keeps things clean when not needed, but shows more info than before when you're curious. Messages & Media counts are linked.

exp_example1.png

For those of you who would like to help out, feel free to embed your favorite videos from youtube or elsewhere. Please keep it to good, quality fly fishing videos.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Pretty cool.

I'm always tempted to post my pics/videos...but I'm afraid people will figure out where I'm catching my fish, and then it will turn into a parking lot. :p

Lugan

Joe Streamer
Please at least preserve Rick Matney's photos of monster brown trout from the old gallery. Though they could be improved by Photoshopping the flat brim hats out.