Tigers in the sun

Speyrod GB

I decided I would be better off spending a hot day on the water rather than at home. I arrived a little late as a fellow angler was leaving. He told me the all to familiar phrase, "Should have been here yesterday". Ugh. Apparently he and his son did pretty good yesterday, despite the water skiers, jet skis and other boats.

Such if life. The first spot I tried one followed the fly all of the way to the boat. A little later, another followed and bit. I was too fast on the set and pulled it away as I felt the tug. I hate when that happens.

Off I went to spot number 2. There were some fairly active fish. I had a total of 6 more follows, but no takers.

The wind finally forced me to say enough. I would have been happy with the foercasted 8 mph gusts. The gusts were more like 15 mph. Not a bad way to spend the day.

I decided I would be better off spending a hot day on the water rather than at home. I arrived a little late as a fellow angler was leaving. He told me the all to familiar phrase, "Should have been here yesterday". Ugh. Apparently he and his son did pretty good yesterday, despite the water skiers, jet skis and other boats.

Such if life. The first spot I tried one followed the fly all of the way to the boat. A little later, another followed and bit. I was too fast on the set and pulled it away as I felt the tug. I hate when that happens.

Off I went to spot number 2. There were some fairly active fish. I had a total of 6 more follows, but no takers.

The wind finally forced me to say enough. I would have been happy with the foercasted 8 mph gusts. The gusts were more like 15 mph. Not a bad way to spend the day.
I had one follow, from the dock. It was only a three footer, though.