Pattern Brown Heron Spey

Dave McNeese

One of the OLD guys
This is a variation using bronze mallard for hackle instead of heron.
I find they both fish very well, the bronze mallard being readily available so it's great to have an alternate. I'm showing two different wing positions depending on your preferences.

tag- fine oval tinsel, silver
tail- GP with Indian Crow
body- 1/3 florescent orange floss followed by orange seal
hackle- bronze mallard tied in where seal starts, 4 turns is enough
throat- 2 turns of dyed orange teal flank
wing- bronze mallard

McNeese

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Dave, this is the most poorly tied fly I've ever seen. How could you post it? Oops, maybe you didn't. Nevermind. :rofl: J/K. Picture didn't show. Did you upload to the website by chance? Would love to see it.

I`m going to proceed cautiously with this one .

So... you revive a five year old flytying thread here to post a link to a two year old thread over there , and start a new thread on a forum elsewhere for what ? Why not just try to contact Mr. McNeese yourself ? Face to face ? Ask him hard questions ? You both live in the same state . He should`nt be that hard to track down .

Or do you just enjoy the mud slinging ?

fredaevans

I`m going to proceed cautiously with this one .

So... you revive a five year old flytying thread here to post a link to a two year old thread over there , and start a new thread on a forum elsewhere for what ? Why not just try to contact Mr. McNeese yourself ? Face to face ? Ask him hard questions ? You both live in the same state . He should`nt be that hard to track down .

Or do you just enjoy the mud slinging ?
Not at all Brian. If you'll check the new postings (from today) one of the UK fellows having 'problems' with Dave just put up a long post covering his current circumstances. If this were a 'one off' I'd just raise and eyebrow, but it's a reoccurring theme (go back to the link and look at the posting dates). And as for directly contacting Mr. McNeese I've been down that road twice for fellows with the same issue(s).

Given this UK based Fora is one of, if not the, largest going, this is NOT the type of 'advertising' US based companies/custom builders need to be floating around the Internet. These fellows spend major dollars (or should I say Pounds) purchasing gear out of the US and they're not the least bit shy at the 'Name and Shame' game. Several PNW E-tailers do a thriving business sending product across the Pond (flyfishusa, Gorge, Red Shed to name a few) and get great reviews/recommendations.

As to why I've asked, Dave has been a very high profile individual in our area for many years, and this type of 'Press' he doesn't need. That said, I do take your point about the (original) dating of this thread. I knew that Dave is, or rather was, a frequent poster here and I just did a mental pass at looking at the dates on this thread. My Bad.

fredaevans

Not to worry, no offense intended, none taken. Dave has been a PNW 'icon' for many, many years ... and somethings going wrong. No clue what, but still 'wrong.' When these types of post start flooding over from 'European Boards' to ours .....
fae