Winter Pass Lake Thread

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Throw a big rock and make a hole in the ice....wait a couple of minutes then cast your fly in the hole and fish on! Who's with me??! Indicators work great too Lue, Ira......
I'm sure I could cast the indicator into a rock hole, but I don't think I have the skill to have the flies, all the leader and then the indicator land in the hole in a perfect little vertical dive. Might be worth the try. If it doesn't work, I could just look for a bigger rock.

I'm sure I could cast the indicator into a rock hole, but I don't think I have the skill to have the flies, all the leader and then the indicator land in the hole in a perfect little vertical dive. Might be worth the try. If it doesn't work, I could just look for a bigger rock.
Yeah, you have to have several rocks, enough to carve out a nice little line ten feet long. And it can't be too cold to re-freeze the holes, or your fly line gets made part of of the landscape until spring... Don't ask me how I know(I've had to say that twice on this forum today. God, I was dumb when I was younger).:)

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I always thought about fly fishing through the ice. But I'd have to cut a long trench in the ice so when I cast my fly the line would have someplace to land other then the ice. But you can't fit all of that in a little shack.