Where to go for a good time in the Winter?

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
For Heaven's sake guys, he is 15! And from many of the comments on this thread, I am beginning to think that many of you guys are too. At a minimum, you guys obviously haven't watched to "To Catch a Predator". If I were his parents, I would be a little bit pissed about some of the comments that grown men, strangers at that, were making to my child - the child that is trying to get me to drop him off to fish alone at the fishing spots suggested by these men.

Think before responding guys; it's really not that hard.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
For Heaven's sake guys, he is 15! And from many of the comments on this thread, I am beginning to think that many of you guys are too. At a minimum, you guys obviously haven't watched to "To Catch a Predator". If I were his parents, I would be a little bit pissed about some of the comments that grown men, strangers at that, were making to my child - the child that is trying to get me to drop him off to fish alone at the fishing spots suggested by these men.

Some of these post are obviously from complete morons, the kids asking about fishing ,not strip clubs.

Rob Allen

Depends. As a military brat with my dad’s mostly E-5 rank and four kids we were poor and we moved a lot. I never went to college but started working right away. And because of my work ethic and energy and my super fun sense of organizing i actually worked myself up the ladder into jobs that required a Bachelors Degree (including my last one) and retired with a nice pension at the age of 55. My older brother did the same thing with management positions and he makes over $150K. My youngest brother is a construction manager for a major company in the area and he also is doing very well. I think because we KNEW we were not going to college we worked earlier and hard at our jobs, even the starter jobs.

Not everyone needs to go to college but it would be wise to look for work that taps into your best skills, it will make you happier I believe than ...say someone who went to law school to become a contract lawyer like their daddy’s or Momma’s because they didn’t know what else to do.
You guys went into industries that had opportunity.

Jojo

@Troutlife, if you have spring break coming up soon, I thought of a place where your parents could vacation and you can fly fish, though it can be pricey since it’s on San Juan Island. (Though it is less pricey before summer. )
7B46DF3D-A67C-49BA-BDC8-EF645D84CD33.png

http://www.lakedale.com/

When i first started fly fishing we went here often, probably about 6 or 7 times. There are three lakes on the property stocked with rainbow. We used their row boat in March (you can also fish from the dock) and float tubed in the summer. You can rent a campsite, or their Airstream, one of the log cabins, the resort or yurt. There is even ‘‘Glamping’, which your parents might be interested in. The fishing was good in March and in summer it was amazing! We only stayed in the log cabins, (at time the resort wasn’t built and they didn’t have the camping sites, so the fishing may have changed since i was there - when we were there we were always the ONLY ones fishing, the lakes were pretty weedy so people weren’t swimming in them even during summer, but this has been a few years now). It is a really nice place, (even if you are not fishing). But what i loved about it was i would look out the window of the cabin near the end of day and if I saw fish rising or rings in the lake I would grab my fly rod and within minutes i would be on the water, fishing until it got real dark, often all by myself because it very safe.

9F025DF0-640B-47AD-9BB0-E31944CD1362.png

Last edited:

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
....And from many of the comments on this thread, I am beginning to think that many of you guys are too.
Deep down at heart, all men are 15.....in one form or another.....or try to become 15 again.....with a few exceptions..... so it's not exactly a surprise that a few are responding like one.

Pull my finger.....heh heh heh heh heh heh...

Cases of arrested development I believe is the commonly used phrase.

;)

crequa

I know this isn't what you want to hear but it's true.. give yourself any opportunity you possibly can for the future.

Use the next 20 years to set up the rest of your life. Figure out what you do well, apply your passion to it and work hard till your 40 save all the money you can. Then you'll be able to enjoy things when you have the resources to do so..
Where the f were you when I was young

crequa

Haha to catch A predator, hilarious