16lb rainbow..

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by sea, May 12, 2005.

1. sea Member

Olympia, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  2. flylikeIdo Member

kenmore, Washington.
    From the pictures I have seen up here of 14lb rainbows being held in one hand that must actually be a 50-60 lb rainbow by some of the fishermen around here.
  3. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +716 / 2
  4. TANGLES Richh

Lake Forest Park, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    That fish can never play baseball.
  5. sjterry Sr. Lurker

Bellevue, WA
    Are you kidding, that fish could pitch on the M's right now. Look at David Wells. Wells is about the same size as that fish, girth wise.
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    Well since you brought it up. How about them "M's" :( They need a icon here for you stink.

Jim
  7. Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Snohomish, Wa
    Ugly fish!

As far as the M's go, they're just getting all their losses out of the way early in the season!
  8. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    Jim, we are going through a hard time now and we need fan support, not criticism or should I say scorn. Buck up. Hang in there. I see us in the series as soon as they outlaw teams like N.Y. spending so much money. In fact, when I look at their roster, I have to ask myself, "What are we, a farm team for the Yankees?"

Notice how the tail is chewed up on that rainbow. That's the trouble with living so close together in a concrete tank--people are always on your butt.

Bob, the Stay off my butt, please. :p
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    Well I really don't think that they are getting their losses out of the way. What they are doing is seeing how many they can get before the really get a good manager. But what they need to do is update their pitching staff. They suck. But enough about those losers.

Hey Bob, quit picking on the little kids fish. I bet when you were that age you didn't care what that fish looked like except that it was a big one.

Jim..... I can pick on BOBL because I'm older and wiser. :thumb:
  10. Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Snohomish, Wa
    I wouldn't be too quick to complain about the new skipper, he's deffinately a big step up from wansie-pansie Bob Melvin!
  11. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +716 / 2
    Who are the Mariners? :confused:
    GO SOUNDERS! :thumb:
  12. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    "I thought, 'I think we're going to smoke that one,' " he said.

Isn't that boy a little young to be saying things like that? :confused:
  13. soccerstud New Member

woodinville, washington, usa.
    Yeah PT i hear yeah sounders rock my old soccer coach played for them
  14. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    Melvin's team over in the other league is doing quite well after shedding some payroll and getting some guys on board that really want to play rather than stroke their reputations. The manager doesn't give up clutch hits, drop easy grounders, have a .195 BA, blow saves, give up 5 runs in the first inning etc,etc.
    These guys would be hapless under Connie Mack, Casey Stengel,Walter Alston, Joe Torre, Bobby Cox-even Attila-the-Hun. Moyer should be rocking his grandkids in a big recliner, Boonie still can't see and is still trying to hit every pitch into the next county so he can do his prissy little bat flip, Meche and Sele are just drones out there going through the motions and Pinero has the confidence of a three time loser. They have a couple of good position players but you need about 7 good position players to go anywhere. Good fielding will only take you so far but at some time you have to hit and drive guys in.
    Actually the season has been good so far inasmuch as I am watching tv far less often in the evening and getting in more fishing as a result. Hatches at sundown or the M's blowing a lead in the late innings? The fishing has been much more rewarding. Ive
  15. Tony Mull Member

Lake Stevens, WA, USA.
    poor kid, he can't even shove it out toward the camera to make it look bigger. no matter how or where he caught it that's quite a handful for a little guy!
  16. sjterry Sr. Lurker

Bellevue, WA
    Ive got that right. Although my time has unfortunatly not been spent fishing, I have only forced my self to watch a couple of games on TV this year. I don't know what the problem is, but Beltre and Sexon are way out on their front foot trying to pull everything. Boon really does seem to be having trouble seeing the ball, and Reed is just ok. The fishing is better than the baseball agin this year, even if I am not getting out and fishing that much.
  17. Tony Mull Member

Lake Stevens, WA, USA.
    Oh and the M's. Paying a karmic debt for the crappy way they treated Olerud. Needed room on the roster they said, but kept a non productive pinch hitter, can't remember his name and let John go for nothing. Insulting and bad business. Later they traded the pinch hitter for a high school prospect that didn't even sign with them. Olerud should have been allowed to play out the season, even on the bench. Now the M's will pay the price. They should dump Bavasi.

UW football went the same route. Barb lied to the coach (Lambright) and us right up to hiring Neuheisel, who had been lying to his players and colorado. That worked out well didn't it? Now Barb is gone, Neuheisel can't even get a job and UW has hired someone with character, but the program will still take years to rebuild.

that fish is disgusting.
    PS-soccer sucks
  19. Cam Heusser New Member

Bob, if they outlaw teams that spend a lot of money, the Mariners will be done too.
  20. Dipsnort New Member

Auburn, WA
    Am I the only one who thinks that fish will be a fond memory for that kid until he's old and gray and that it may very well have hooked a future "fisherman for life"? Good for him!

I think a lot of us are imposing our "fly fishing elite" standards unnecessarily. :hmmm: