FS 17' Boston Whaler Montauk

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by yellowlab, Dec 28, 2013.

1. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    1979 clean and strong hull with no soft spots and solid transom. 1991 EZ Loader galvanized roller trailer in good shape with bearing buddies. 70hp Johnson 2-stroke with manual tilt and electric start and remote throttle. Wood/teak console with steering and teak bench seat. Heavy duty commercial hull and would make an excellent fly fishing, crabbing, and or diving boat perfect for Puget Sound waters. Comes with kicker mount as well. I could throw in my Yamaha 3 Hp kicker for Wff forum members. I had that posted up for sale a month or so ago and thought its balance this boat out nicely. My other salt boat commands my attention and $$$ so figure someone else might be able to get this iconic boat fishing again.

$6000

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. sroffe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    What happen to the center console? Montauk is a great hull, but, I've never seen that layout before.
  3. yellowlab Active Member

4. Don Freeman Freeman

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +207 / 0
    Still looking for a Grady, the one in Bellingham went to the guy's partner.
  5. yellowlab Active Member

Good luck Don, not many guys willing to part with them out here.
  6. sroffe Member

Seattle, WA
    The only way they part from their Grady is when they get another Grady.
  7. sroffe Member

Seattle, WA
    I've seen many of the smaller hulls with that lay out. They make for a popular yacht tender, and sport utility boat. Just hadn't seen that lay out on a 17 foot hull before.

I use to own a 17' Montauk. Cool boat. My wife and I camped off of it in the San Juan' islands when we were first married. That was 25 years ago. I'm lucky she still likes camping, that trip wasn't the best experience. Good thing we met up with the mother ship a few days later. I would have been minced meet.

Good luck on your sale.
  8. Anil Active Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +205 / 6
    Whaler made this configuration for a while and it looks like they've brought something similar back. Not sure if they offer it in the 17' hull currently?
    Same hull as the Montauk with bench seats.
    They call(ed) it a 'Super Sport'.
  9. yellowlab Active Member

Will consider a trade+cash for a sled, or Hyde G3, or aluminum Drift boat.
  10. yellowlab Active Member

Make me an offer, I've got plenty of gear so only looking at a cash sale at this point, unless you have that Hyde or Clack that you'd like to trade
  11. yellowlab Active Member

12. yellowlab Active Member

Want to make the Ultimate Fly Fishing Platform? I was going to gut all the wood from the deck and re-power with a 4-stroke tiller handle for around $4000. This would be the envy of any hardcore SRC, COHO or Mooching fisherman. Notice how all the lodges in Vancouver Island run 17' Montauks with open decks and tillers? Price reduced for boat show days $4850, kicker is not included.
  13. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +174 / 0
  14. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Damn, your killin' me here. If only I had that kind of cash laying around. Love these boats.
  15. Brian White Recovering Bugmeister/Troutlandish?

I want this really badly but am saving for a remodel/addition on my house. Good chance my wife would kill me if i bought it, but......great boat.......
  16. yellowlab Active Member

I have a line on a 2006 Yamaha 60 HP fuel injected outboard, low hours, and tiller. Its $5K, and if I don't get any takers for the current set up, will repower and gut the interior and turn this into a fine fly fishing and mooching machine. LMK if anyone is interested... I will take a down payment and can store for a couple of months until a balance can be paid off.