1977 Jeep CJ5

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DW, Jan 17, 2002.

1. DW

DW New Member

Need a huntin'/wheelin' rig? 2" lift, 35" Swamper Radials with Swamper spare mounted on the back, tow bar, 304, 8,000 lb winch, T18 Tranny that will get you anywhere in first gear! It's not the prettiest, but it's the rig that has it all! $2800 obo or trade for Honda commuter. dwlandis@hotmail.com

2. supertrucha

supertrucha New Member

I'm interested. Do you have pictures anywhere in the web?

3. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

bump

jake-e-boy likes this.
  4. Jim Wheeler

Jim Wheeler Full time single dad and pram builder

Just out of curiousity, still have it?

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Good heavens this ad is 12 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Too Funny! Google never forgets, nor does it discriminate on age.

7. Jim Wheeler

Jim Wheeler Full time single dad and pram builder

Sorry I didn't check the small print in the ad for a date. If you look it's only back a few pages. Apparently you two have way too much time on your hands if you have nothing better to do.

8. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Actually, Tacoma Red bumped it up. Not sure why. Only reason you saw it Jim. So wasn't you. Was him. LOL

9. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

You respond to a 12 year old ad and we notice the date but you accuse us of having too much time on our hands...;)
    jesse

10. Hunt-man

Hunt-man Member

Winner winner! The oldest thread bump I've ever seen.... :)

11. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Wish it weren't so old . . . I'd be vying for another little Jeep . . . my TJ's grandpa as it were, lol.

12. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Since we're talking Jeeps, anyone have an opinion on the new big jeep? I'm happy they are (apparently) again serious about the off road market. Seems like they down scaled their offerings in the 80s/90s too much. I'm contemplating a new vehicle (in a couple years). Will probably go back to a light PU or Outback, but another Jeep could make the short list.

13. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Two of my buddies have the Rubicons. Nice rigs and both seem to love there's. I've been in both off road and I really like them myself.

14. MarkY3130

MarkY3130 Active Member

This weekend marks three years since I bought our 2011 wrangler unlimited. (4 door) I'd always wanted a jeep but my wife never warmed up to it until they added power windows and locks and other conveniences. Mine has heated seats, power mirrors, rear window wiper, auto headlights etc etc. I guess what I'm getting at is you can now get all the modern stuff you are used to, which wasn't the case previously. Even with all of the electronic stuff I can still take all the doors off in under 5 minutes and the top off in about 10.

I sold my Chevy silveredo to buy the jeep and though I'd miss the truck bed a lot more than I have. I use a Rubbermaid container for my wet boots and waders and that's been an easy change. For rigged up rods when moving from spot to spot I just lift up the back window and let the rods stick out the back. I do strap them to the rear brake light mounted at the spare tire so they dont wiggle too much, but that was a similar problem my truck had too.

All in all, it's made a fine fishing rig!

15. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Jeep is very proud of those Rubicon's.$$$$$

16. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

I moved to the mountains of Eastern Arizona awhile ago an Boy Howdy this is Jeep country!! There must be over 100 new ones on the dealers lot here, and thousands on the road. I would love me a new 4 door Wrangler.
    jesse

17. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I always wanted one of the old, beat up Willys.

Skysoldier likes this.