FS 1988 Jayco Dove 6 Tent Trailer- $1,250

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Hormel, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormel

Hormel Member

1988 Jayco Dove 6 Tent Trailer/PopUp - $1250

I don't post much here but thought I would throw this up on WFF before CL since i have met some good folks through the classifieds here.
    Trailer is in fair condition. Has been in the family since new, it and has been used hard but has been very dependable. I think anything that could have broken in the past has been repaired better than original. It has been towed back into a lot of Canadian and Western US lakes and rivers. Perfect for the family or fisher/hunter, we have slept as many as 6 in here, but never more than 5 grown men!

This rig sits really high, the axle is a later heavy duty 5 bolt axle and has been flipped for higher clearance, ready for the Rock Creek Road.
    The stab jacks and bumper have been removed so 4 corner jackstands and blocks are included, not the slickest system but servicable.
    7 pin trailer plug (no brakes installed).
    Set to run 2 propane tanks (included)for long stays.
    Included 110v and city water connections for those more 'improved' campsites.
    Aluminum roof includes mounted pipe rack (used for aluminum boat) and brackets for Yakima Rack, also has many dents but has never leaked.

Interior has large wardrobe and a ton of storage drawers and cabinets.
    Hand pump sink and 3 burners stove.
    Roof top vent and 3 interior lights.

Canvas does not have mildew and is thick and warm. Several of the zippers have been sewn shut where worn.

Les Schwab deep cycle battery, withnewer Les Schwab trailer tires on 13 5 bolt wheels on up-rated axle.

2 " Ball, frame could use painting but is solid, excepting a few dents.
    Exterior has some minor dents/scrapes and could need to have the joints resealed.
    It does get some water wicking in the front when trailering in the rain.
    Has never leaked when stored outside, we have stored outside under a cover or inside.

Furnace fan works, but I tried to get it to fire up once but could not get it to ignite. Never really needed it. Has gas refrigerator - I have only ever run it on gas, but I believe it also works on electric when plugged in to power. Slow to light but does work.

Could use some updating but has been a great trailer for our family but it is time to pass it on. Have title and tags are good for another month or so.

$1250 and is located in West Seattle. I can be reached at jwoodworth206 at gmail.com or PM me.
    I'll throw up some better pictures when I get it pulled out of our garage this weekend.

DSCN1640.jpg
    DSCN2068.jpg

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

That's a hell of a buy for someone who wants a tent trailer. I've had one for years and love it. Somebody better snap this up.

3. aaroncoastie

aaroncoastie New Member

4. Hormel

Hormel Member

Sold. Aaroncoastie, pleasure to meet you today.
    John

5. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Media:
    Sweet buy! We had a '84 Coleman Sun Valley that my dad had for 20+ years and thing was a tank! He upgraded to a new one but the classic is still my favorite! Great trailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.